Did You Know That? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Did You Know That?

Here's a handy list of home remedies.

Clint

Drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately -- without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional "pain relievers."

Did you know that Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns.

Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints. They will clear up your stuffed nose.

Achy muscles from a bout of the flu? Mix 1 Tablespoon of horseradish in 1cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as massage oil, for instant relief for aching muscles.

Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria.

Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms. Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly -- even though the product was never been advertised for this use. (Note: Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine is not the same and contains aspirin, which can cause stomach bleeding if you have ulcers.)

Honey remedy for skin blemishes... Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.

Listerine therapy for toenail fungus... Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.

Easy eyeglass protection... To prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear nail polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.

Coca-Cola cure for rust... Forget those expensive rust removers. Just saturate an abrasive sponge with Coca Cola and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the coke is what gets the job done.

Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer... If menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you cannot find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409. Insects drop to the ground instantly.

Smart splinter remover...just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.

Hunt's tomato paste boil cure....cover the boil with Hunt's tomato paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.

Balm for broken blisters...To disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine ... a powerful antiseptic.

Heinz vinegar to heal bruises... Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.

Kills fleas instantly. Dawn dish washing liquid does the trick. Add a few drops to your dog's bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid skin irritations. Goodbye fleas. Rainy day cure for dog odor... Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down the animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, instantly making your dog smell springtime fresh.

Eliminate ear mites... All it takes is a few drops of Wesson corn oil in your cat's ear. Massage it in, and then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.

Quaker Oats for fast pain relief....It's not for breakfast anymore! Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.

**Your Portion Of Light**

Whether you are a brilliant flame or
but a tiny spark matters not-for the world needs whatever portion of light is yours to give.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Yes, I did know them.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
Yes, I did know them.
I should have figured THAT! I mean after all, you knew when noon was too!

but a tiny spark matters not-for the world needs whatever portion of light is yours to give.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Clint, The Corner has been empty a bit TOO long. It's about time it got an occupant! Bye!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Cat

Thanks for the list Clint! More than a few will come in handy for me!

=^..^= Micah, Levi & Jake =^..^=

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamesecat
Thanks for the list Clint! More than a few will come in handy for me!
Glad you can use them! A friend of mine tossed them my way and I figured, what the heck, why not take up someone elses webspace and post them on the forum!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Hey thanx for that! that'z realli helpful Ill give that gatoraid thing a try since i get headaches often and find tablets just make it worse before it gets better. My Mums grabbed a note pad and is writing all this down lol.

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyness
Hey thanx for that! that'z realli helpful Ill give that gatoraid thing a try since i get headaches often and find tablets just make it worse before it gets better. My Mums grabbed a note pad and is writing all this down lol.
You mum is a very wise person!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Re: Did You Know That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintsworld
Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer... If menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you cannot find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409. Insects drop to the ground instantly.
Also, Windex is great for killing flies that get trapped in your townhouse because one of your children forgot to slide the screen door closed as they went out onto the patio. And it's also great for killing ants that have decided that they like the food crumbs that your children are forever leaving on the counter tops and floor or the bits of dry cat food that get crushed underfoot by said children (and even me, sometimes ).

----------
Renée
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Re: Did You Know That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3kitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintsworld
Also, Windex is great for killing flies that get trapped in your townhouse because one of your children forgot to slide the screen door closed as they went out onto the patio. And it's also great for killing ants that have decided that they like the food crumbs that your children are forever leaving on the counter tops and floor or the bits of dry cat food that get crushed underfoot by said children (and even me, sometimes ).
Hmmmmm......Do I dectect a WEEEEEEE bit of resentment in your voice?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page