LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to Daisy_Babe
Organizing everything

Ok guys I am the worlds worst on Organizing everything
Anyone have any idea's or hints to help out
For instance where do you keep this or that
What do you keep in the drawer under your oven ?
What do you keep under the kitchen sink
Where do you keep your Pots & Pans
Where do you keep your towels & wash cloths
Gosh I don't know HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Mechele Owned by Daisy Mae, Babe & Presley
Savannah (RIP) June 16th 2005 Patches (RIP) 1991

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Re: Organizing everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy_Babe
Drawer under the over: nothing

Under the kitchen sink: all kinds of cleaning supplies and cat litter
Pots and Pans (I don't cook. I keep them at my fiance's place)

Dish towels and wash clothes ( an old TV stand)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Organizing everything

Quote:
I'm a bit of a fanatic about organizing things in my kitchen especially. All my pots and pans are stored in the drawer under the oven, along with a couple of splatter screens and a pancake griddle.

Under the kitchen sink is where a small garbage can is (only about a 3-gallon size), the dishwashing soap, the soap for the dishwasher (different from the first soap), scouring pads, some hand lotion, one of those "grocery bag dispensers" that are used to stuff and store grocery bags brought home from the store and I use them to line small garbage cans with, some flower vases (for the rare occasion that I would actually set cut flowers out for display. This doesn't happen very often at all because George likes to eat the greenery and gets shreds of flowers and leaves all over the place.)

I keep all my kitchen towels and washclothes in a drawer at the left-hand side of my sink. They're underneath another drawer where I keep all the miscellaneous kitchen utensils (anything but butter knives, forks, teaspoons and tablespoons. I have another area in the kitchen where I store old towels and washclothes that are so worn out that they aren't worthy of being used for cleaning tables, countertops and dishes anymore. I use those clothes for dusting furniture, cleaning the floor, cleaning the bathrooms, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Pots and pans
Quote:
Cleaning supplies, dish soap, dishwasher tablets, extra trash bags, drill, toolbox.
Quote:
Oven drawer
Quote:
in with my linen, but I am going to clear out a drawer in the kitchen probably.

I'm not real good either, but mostly it's cuz the storage/closet space where I live SUX!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks for all of the replies...I am still working on it Maybe I will get done by next month or two !!! lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I buy a lot of old, old dressers. The more dressers I have the more organized I am. I can't stand organizing with anything plastic. I just love wood. Wood is my favorite material.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Mechele, your education would not be complete if someone didn't explain that a junk drawer is an absolute necessity. There are items that fit in NO category, such as batteries, a ruler, tape, a screwdriver, tape, whatever you can't categorize. I declare it perfectly legal for you to have a junk drawer. However, it must not be as messy as mine! I hate to tidy that drawer!

PS Now that you're getting 30 or 40 emails a day notifying you of posts, do you still think we're slow? Watch how you answer or I'll take away your junk drawer and put you in the forum Corner!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Mechele, your education would not be complete if someone didn't explain that a junk drawer is an absolute necessity. There are items that fit in NO category, such as batteries, a ruler, tape, a screwdriver, tape, whatever you can't categorize. I declare it perfectly legal for you to have a junk drawer. However, it must not be as messy as mine! I hate to tidy that drawer!
Oh yeah, Jeanie! How could I forget? - the ever popular junk drawer. They're so popular at my house, in fact, that I have 3 of them! I can think of a few more items that fall into the "junk drawer category" around here - memo pads, pens, pens and more pens (I should actually go through them all just to see how many actually still work!), playing cards, a coupon booklet, the miscellaneous coupons I haven't gotten around to filing yet, rubber bands, thumb tacks - OMG Jeanie! I feel compelled to go clean out my junk drawers. Shame on you for bringing this up!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Jolene, thank you for adding those important junk drawer items. Please keep in mind that the cards you have do no have to constitute an entire deck--just those you're keeping, since you KNOW you'll find the rest someday. Have you noticed that rubber bands (or gum bands, as we call them in W. PA) refuse to stay in their bag? I think everything smaller than a bread box should come in zip lock bags with a sliding fastener. How can we be expected to keep things tidy when they cliimb out of the bags and creep around the drawer under their own power? Impossible!

For the service you have rendered today, Jolene, you have my permission to procrastinate one more day.

Of course, I could buy some of those bags, but.......I use rubber bands to hold other bags closed. Now, if I could only find those rubber bands.....Maybe if I sneak up on them at night! No, the flashlight's in that drawer, and they'll hear me opening the drawer and scatter....

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie

PS Now that you're getting 30 or 40 emails a day notifying you of posts, do you still think we're slow? Watch how you answer or I'll take away your junk drawer and put you in the forum Corner!

Oh god you all crack me up....Thank you for the education...lmao

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page