Grizzly Man - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Grizzly Man

Did anyone see this on the Discovery Channel last night? This Tim Treqadwell guy goes to Alaska for 13 summers to commune with the bears until he and his girlfriend a eaten by a "rogue" grizzly. I sat there watching with a gaping mouth. Treadwell was very bizzare.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
No, I didn't see it. However, they were fortunate to stay alive as long as they did. Perhaps the program will be repeated. You can't ever trust a wild animal to be predictable. What an awful way to die!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Cat

I rented the documentary. That guy came off as being completely insane, and it's sad he took someone else with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Cat Addict

I didn't see it, but dateline or something similar had a story on him a while back that I did see.
Is he the grizzly man that they are making a movie of?

Jennifer and the monsters
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Premier Cat

It's on right now! Discovery Channel, 8 PM Sunday!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
It's on right now! Discovery Channel, 8 PM Sunday!
That's great!! I just looked for it at the video store this evening and couldn't find it. I'll have to watch.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to MelissaC
I watched it and I would like my two hours back.. oh and the cost of the rental. I thought he was just ridiculous. In the documentary people were saying he was disrespecting the bears and also the presevere they had for the bears.. He was voilating the laws put into place to protect everyone not just the bears. He was stating that he was there to "protect" the bears but what did he do while he was there besides violate there space and enter their habitat? I was soo angry at this documentary... He not only got himself killed but another woman who looked like she didn't want to be that close to the bears.. Of course being around bears that long eventually something bad would happen. I hope no children see this film because it's going to make them think that "hey, it's ok to go up to bears and bother them" this is basically what he did... I think he was nuts.. There are many more ways to Protect the bears then this.

This is just me ranting about this documentary
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaC
I hope no children see this film because it's going to make them think that "hey, it's ok to go up to bears and bother them" this is basically what he did...
If kids think this, I'll wonder why they didn't watch the whole thing, where he dies of his own idiocy. I think there's a pretty clear lesson there.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Premier Cat

It's over. I found it really disturbing. I don't think the man was in his right mind. He was extremely sensitive, and that's admirable, but he was invading the grizzly's environment. The fact that the audio of the deaths was discussed was most upsetting.

There are real environmentalists and vets who are expert at studying the location of the endangered animals and caring for them. I think this man encroached on their specialty, with no training. I fear that he was partly a nature lover, partly ill, and partly an attention seeker. Nevertheless, thinking of that tape was painful. I mourn these two unnecessary deaths, but I don't think anyone could have prevented that. It was inevitable.

Jeanie

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to MelissaC
aphrodeia, I believe your right lol.. There is a clear lesson. I was just ranting... I just hope it teaches everyone to respect wild animals and their habitat. Did the parents seem kinda weird to anyone else also? And yes I really do believe this man was not in his right mind.. He was I believe thirty something and still slept with a teddy bear??? [/quote]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page