Puppy sick, dog forum no use-update! She's doing better! =) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Puppy sick, dog forum no use-update! She's doing better! =)

My puppy is sick, I know this is a forum for cats but I don't know who else to turn to. My puppy is suffering from loss of appetite, vomiting, and listlisness, I don't know how her stool is but i'm sure she doesn't have worms. I'm afraid she's going to die.

She's still drinking so it rules out parvo.
She doesn't have worms.
She's just sick, and with our luck 80% of the time, sick puppies die.

We're quite poor so we can't rush her to the vet for something minor, what should we do?

Tiger: ???-6/22/2007 R.I.P.

OWNED by Smara and Shadow

Avatar Caption: Everyone wants Kitten-Fu Fighting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 02:44 AM
Premier Cat

The only thing I can suggest is that your puppy get into the vet asap. Those symptoms in a puppy need treatment right away.

Victoria
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 05:40 AM
Cool Cat

We could only guess at a diagnoisis too, if you think he's that bad off, you probally already have the right idea,

take him to the Vet, you'll feel better and if he needs medicine you can get that in him right away,

being sick doesn't feel good for anyone.

I know it's tough when your broke, I used the credit card several times last summer, or maybe you can work out a payment plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Tom Cat

I would definitely take him to the vet as he is definitely quite sick. I know how it is to have a very tight budget and there are many times it's ok to wait and observe but it sounds like a vet visit is an order. Could you call the vet and talk to him/her and discuss your financial situation? Also, on my page here, if you scroll down all the way to the bottom, you should be able to see a link to a dog forum. Let us know how things go.

Mom to Marcellus, Wallace, Lewis, Winston and Corky, our dog.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat

We took her to the vet this morning, and the vet gave her antibiotics and he said he didn't know what was wrong with her. She's throwing up the antibiotics too but the bet gave her medicine for her sick stomach.

I think it's parvo cuz she drinks water but she vomits it back up and she hasn't eaten in a few days.

Anyway for her to get her to keep down her medicine?

By the way, the dog forum is hardly active, hardly anyone gets on it anymore.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
We took her to the vet this morning, and the vet gave her antibiotics and he said he didn't know what was wrong with her.

I think it's parvo
Do you have any idea why your vet didn't do any diagnostic work?

To diagnose parvovirus infection an in-office blood serum test (ELISA) is available for rapid veterinary diagnosis, and a vet can also test a stool sample.

Something very important. With parvovirus infection not only food must be withheld, but water as well. Sick puppies and dogs must not be allowed to drink or eat until the vomiting has stopped, which can take three to five days.

I urge you to go back to the same vet or find another vet and have the puppy tested for parvo without delay.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I'll ask my parents what all the vet did, and i'll reccomend to them to go to another vet, but I doubt that my parents will listen to me *annoyed*

We live in a small town that has a lot of country with it, and so the vet is more specialized with horses and cattle and not dogs, we may have to take this puppy to another vet in a bigger town where the vets are more specialized with dogs and cats

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Premier Cat

I'm really sorry to hear about your puppy.

How old is she? How long have you had her? Just wondering if she could have been sick when you got her.

I'll move your post to the Lounge since this is a non-cat issue.

Best of luck to you.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Okay then

We've had her since she was born, her mother was our dog and she's about two months old

My parents are going to see how she is in the morning and if she's not better we might go to another vet for a second opinion since the vet here mainly specializes in cattle and horses

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so glad you were able to get her in but I wish they had been more helpful. I hope she's feeling better tomorrow but if not I would consider another vet. As Meowmie said, it's time to run some tests.
Very best of luck to you and your puppy!

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page