If You Won the Lottery... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
If You Won the Lottery...

If you won the lottery--I mean the BIG one for many millions, what would you do for yourself and family?

Of course we'd all give to our favorite charities, but what would you want, and what would you do--with almost limitless funds?[/b]

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Jr. Cat

With limitless funds, I would be the leaning post for local animal shelters and rescues to pay for their vet bills, food bills, housing, etc. etc.
Would love to have the cash to turn my home and yard into animal wonderland lol! Posts/ramps/tunnels through the walls/huge, creative outdoor cat and rabbit run/everything a cat, dog, or rabbit could ever dream of
Would love to have a paradise for my pets!
Would also provide the funds to have larger places for shelter animals to live.....My first and formost would definetley any fundings to give the shelter animals a happy time even without the love of an owner....
Next would be spoiling my pets to bits
That's about it though....unfortunately shelters will always need funding....Whatever I could not use would be put away for future shelter bills.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Cool Cat

Buy a house in Anguilla right at the water's edge and just sit, sip and stare at the Caribbean all day

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
Oooh a good question that I love to think about. The thing I would want to do more than anything is buy my parents' house for them (it's almost paid off) and get them a condo near a golf course (for my dad) in a small town with everything easily accessible (for my mom). I would hire a housekeeper for my grandmother -- someone sweet and cheery but not too invasive, to help her with my grandpa, errands, and to keep her company. I'd buy her a dog to be a dear companion for her, and with the housekeeper that would take care of the reason my grandma doesn't already have a dog. I would also pay off my brother's house so that he could spend his paychecks on things for himself and his son, and take vacations.

For me I would buy a house. It's what I want more than anything for myself -- the perfect house on the perfect land with the perfect location. Beyond that, I would spoil myself rotten and take a trip to Italy or Australia.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I think we would all give to the shelters and start our own. That's why I asked what you would do personally.

I would definitely redo the house, although I think it would be necessary to build elsewhere. I think we would need the security of living on a larger estate, with gates, etc. I would definitely have beautiful gardens, which I would care for as much as possible. I would need a gardner, though.

I would want a tennis court, and the local schools would be allowed to use it for special matches. (Otherwise whom can I watch play?) I'll ask Agassi and other stars to come also. They could give seminars...and I'd get to watch Agassi play. I'd want Connors and MacEnroe too, of course. Maybe I should have a skating rink and do the same thing, holding tournaments for charity. (and me!)

I would travel. I think Yosemite, the Redwood forest and other national parks would be first. Then I would go to the United Kingdom, and Rome would be next. I studied Latin for so long that I want to see the Appian Way and the Colosseum! I would visit the great Opera Houses all over the world. I'm sure there MUST be one in Tahiti!

When I do well, my loved ones do well. There's no question about that. They would be my first priority, and, as I sad, charities (churches, the poor, colleges,medical research, and animals, etc.) are a given! Perhaps I could have an endangered animal sanctuary, and finally get to hug a baby tiger!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Jr. Cat

Interesting....
However there is not much else I would do
However mine was spent it would go into animals/paying off my bills....

Not much else I would be interested in putting it into
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Cool Cat

Aside from the charities, giving to church, etc.
Definately we would get a nice house and I would hire someone to come clean it! We would get nicer cars, but nothing over the top. I can spend my money on better things.
I would want help pay for my sister-in-law's education, although I don't know if she would accept the money. She is really struggling right now.
I also would want to help pay for my brother's girlfriend's education. She also does not know how she is going to pay for school.
I think I would like to pay for everyone in the family to go on vacation together...my mom would actually like to do this someday...just have everyone go on a cruise together.
I'd also like to travel with my husband. Depending on how much money we had, maybe buy a vacation home?
A lot would go into savings.
There is the problem that I do not actually play the lottery...

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlanon
There is the problem that I do not actually play the lottery...
Uh oh -- I think there's a hole in our plans! lol
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I've played twice! Every ten years, whether I need it or not!

However, you reminded me of something! I want a big Winnebago so that we can take side trips to all of the beautiful sights off the driven path! I agree that I would want a newer car, but as you said, Shannon, not over the top.

On my world trip, I will take the new ocean liner, The QEll, I believe. I don't want to fly over the ocean. I have flown on a number of occasions, but I don't think I would want to take a long trip by air. Well, I'd have a great time on the QEll. My mom took me to Scotland on a liner, but I was only 18 months old.

Jeanie

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Senior Cat

I'd build the house I designed. I'd invest a good sum of it through a friend who can turn 100 into 1400. then with the rest, well I don't know what I'd do... probably fund a movie or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page