Florida vacation - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Florida vacation

My husband and I, along with his parents and two brothers, will be going to Orlando, Florida the first week of April!! His parents got a good deal on nice condo located right outside of Orlando. I am so excited as this is one of my long-time dream vacation spots.
I am looking for ideas on must-do things while we are there. We will have eight full days, so we have lots of time for activities. Our plan is to have some sort of itinerary ahead of time so we fit everything in. I know this vacation, as with any, will be over way too fast.
Ideas, suggestions, places that were not as fun as you expected?? I would love to hear them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Premier Cat

I loved Florida. I went to Destin, and Pensacola Beach and they were both great. I can't believe you can see your feet in the water!

We went boating, wanted to go parasailing but didn't. Jet ski's are soooooo fun and I wore a life jacket but I didn't worry about drowning even though I don't know how to swim.

We rented mopeds and drove along the strip by the beach, mopeds are awesome! We ate lots of seafood, went to a deserted Fort somewhere, etc.

I hope you have fun! Take lots of pictures there, they come out looking so nice
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
since you have so much time. i would suggest heading to one side or another and taking a day at the beaches.

what are you looking to do.. there is always Disney, Universal, Sea World, Bush Gardens in in Tampa (aout 80 minutes from orlando). Just dirve up and down 4, there are plenty of places to stop!

let me know if you want something more specific.. and where outside of orlando are you staying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The condo is in Davenport, I think about 30 miles south of Orlando.

I have always wanted to go to Sea World and Busch Gardens. My husband wants to go to Kennedy Space Center, we will probably go to the gulf while we are there. Depending on what everyone wants to do we might do Disney and Universal. Our group consists of adults, I have always been under the impression Disney is more of a kid thing.

I definately want some fresh seafood, since it isn't really available in Minnesota. My husband's family enjoys fishing so we will probably rent a charter boat for a day.

One of my husband's brother is a certified diver, so he is looking forward to doing some diving. His other brother is a Jimmy Buffet nut, he is looking forward to Margaritaville. He would also like to go to Key West, but that is quite a drive.

I can't wait!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Banned

Awesome, have a great time!

I HATED Disney World...but that's just me. I want to go to Orlando.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Our group consists of adults, I have always been under the impression Disney is more of a kid thing.
No way!

Jess and I are seriously considering taking our honeymoon in Disneyworld. There are plenty of adult things to do. My favorite was Epcot, where they have their countries. You literally walk from Germany to Japan to Mexico, et cetera. The German area has this huge restaurant with fantastic and very authentic food (most of the 'countries' have awesome restaurants). You can shop for really nice beer, wine, and other things.

All of Disneyworld is good, but if you are only going to spend one or two days there I would cut out MGM and visit Epcot and possibly the Magic Kingdom. Trust me.

We also had dinner at Arabian Nights in Orlando. It is basically like Medevil Times or Dixie Stampede if you have ever been to them, except it's an Arabian theme. The food was awesome and once we got in to sit down they started passing out free pitchers of beer.

Does anyone in your family golf? They have nice courses down there, but the grass is different than our midwestern fairways. It was hard to adjust, but still beautiful nonetheless.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Cat Addict

I have quite a few adult friends who looooove Disney World. I guess it just depends on how well you do with large crowds. I wouldn't mind going back someday myself. I would recommend picking up a few guide books for the orlando area. Kennedy Space Center was pretty cool. Also Epcot, MGM, Universal are definatley for adults as well as children. Busch Gardens was pretty cool and I haven't been to Sea World.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Our group consists of adults, I have always been under the impression Disney is more of a kid thing.
oh no.. not at all.. My Husband and I have annual tickets, we go about once a month. It is a ton of fun, i think you go you would be surprised to see the number of adults without children. Magic Kingdom is a little bit more of the child's area, but the rest are great. The new Animal Kindom is pretty neat too..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page