Question for those who have had their wisdom teeth removed. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Question for those who have had their wisdom teeth removed.

I had my widsom teeth pulled on Thursday afternoon. It is now Saturday morning and my face is still pretty swollen. I did the ice thing the first night and part of yesterday morning. I was throwing up for a good part of yesterday and my boyfriend went to work so I didn't have the energy to do the hot wash cloth on my face yesterday (as directed by my dentist and by various websites). I feel much better today and am hoping if I can keep applying heat and taking ibuprofen maybe it will go down.

Anyone else have prolonged swelling? I don't know if it is normal to still be this swollen in my face. I feel fine other wise though. My teeth are a little achy but I haven't taken anything yet for pain today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Premier Cat

I never felt like that but maybe yours was more impacted or something? I know a few people who had alot of pain afterwards but they were fine after about a week. Hope your feeling better
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Cool Cat

Hey Kris I've never had wisdom teeth pulled so I can't imagine the pain. I have heard it's awful afterward. Did you have all four removed? Did yur dentist put you out for the removal or were you awake

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I had all 4 pulled. None were impacted. I got novacaine and valium and that was it. They didn't put me under. I am not in any pain really. Just swollen. The swelling already looks a bit better since I posted this.

I took 2 ibuprofens and have been keeping a hot wet towel on my face. The nasuea is gone. I think what happened yesterday was that stupid me took a vicodin, antiobiotic, and ibuprofen on a near empty stomach and then a couple of hours later I hopped out a bed too quickly and I got the spins. I don't do well with feeling motion sick so I was pretty sick the rest of the day.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

Get a heat pad, that works so much better than ice. I used it when I had mine out and had very minimal swelling.

Hope you feel better soon!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Cool Cat

Kris I don't get it, why did they remove your teeth if they weren't impacted. I thought that was why they yank them in the first place. Were they giving you trouble of some sort, or do you have a wittle bitty mouth that can't hold four more wittle bitty teeth

Shari
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I think the fact that you had all of them out at once is the reason you're having swelling. Here's hoping the swelling and any discomfort is brief.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The teeth were giving me some trouble. On and off pain. They also crowded my other teeth. I have 2 teeth in the front that have overlapped a bit because of them and my teeth were perfectly straight before.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to spamlet
Ohhhh. My worst nightmare. I hope you make a quick recovery and that it's not too painful. (((((hugs)))))
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I was told now by my boyfriends dad (who is a nurse) to switch back to ice. My mom had suggested the same thing. It makes sense to me but the dentist said heat after ice. I am confused. I am going to try the ice thing again. I really want to get the swelling down since the inside of my cheek is very swollen and I think I keep accidently chewing on it which is making it worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page