What was your fav toy or game as a kid - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

What was your fav toy or game as a kid

I was going through some old board games that my mil saved from my dh's childhood. He and his sister had scads of games, my bros and sisters were street kids. The only time we were in the house was if we were doing punishment. I think mine was probably double dutch or any rope game. Often some of the moms in the neighborhood would be "permanent enders" so all the girls got a chance to jump...it was fun, it's a shame kids can no longer play out of doors like that.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
We jumped rope in our neighborhood too, but I was not good at double dutch. Sled riding was our real favorite, but in the summer we played "Run, Sheepy, Run" ( a variation of Hide and Go Seek) and Red Light Stop. We had scooters, too, but they were like skate boards with a handle..no motor, of course. We just moved if a car came, because we played mostly on a one- way residential street.

When my best friend and I played, we played make believe of some sort, whether it was dolls or paper dolls. Every Christmas we bought each other a book.

Reading and playing school with my niece was great. We also played music school, and she learned to play the piano and harmonize by "osmosis."

Nice, nostalgic topic!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Tom Cat

When I was really little my fav was my big wheel My brother and I were holy terrors on those things. That love was transferred to my bike when I got a little bit bigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Senior Cat

Mine was a little basket with 5 Little rabbit fur kittens in them!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Jr. Cat

All of us kids in the neighborhood would always play a game called "Kick the Can"

lol....I wonder if anyone else knows that game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Cat

We played Kick the Can all the time

I loved board games, too, and was seriously into Chutes and Ladders I grew up on military posts and we use to gather after school and play in the streets on our bikes and various other games like Red Rover and Red Light, Green Light, Kickball, etc. until our parents called us home. Childhood was great!

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Banned

I used to play "War" everyday.. no surprise there.

In the winters we'd have at least one football game a weekend and in the summer, baseball was pretty much a nightly thing until the sun went down.

We played video games, but not so much, especially in the summer.

Pretty much hung around outdoors - playing outside rules...
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
EVERYTHING. I didn't have much....though I didn't need much because I never had any patience for a board game. I much preferred having sword fights with the neighborhood boys. It is a miracle that I never broke a bone. I must have super-human strength bones

I only didn't like two things.

One is this magnetic fishes that you pick up with a magnetic fishing rod. I had extremely poor hand-eye coordination back then. I got so frustrated that I tore all the eyes off the fishes so they wouldn't see me when the rod is coming. My family is still laughing about it now

However, I hated Legos. The humidity of Taiwan always made them impossible to separate. They also tend to go everywhere which drive my mom nuts. They also tended to splinter. Same with barbies. I would enjoy them so much more if their heads don't break off so easily and their feet are flat. No matter how much I tried I could never be able to put their shoes on so their shoes always ended up everywhere.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Cool Cat

- Snoopy & the Red Baron
- Battleship
- Ice hockey game - don't recall the name
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Cat Addict

I used to love pretending with my friends to be the Thundercats. Not sure if any of you remember that old cartoon and just more early evidence that I was destined to be a cat freak. I was Cheetara naturally!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page