I just paid around $4.50 for a cup of soup!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I just paid around $4.50 for a cup of soup!!!

This is probably a strange thing to post and I am surely not bragging about it. For those of you who didn't know I had my wisdom teeth pulled Thursday afternoon. Then yesterday I got my boyfriends cold (bad phlegmy cough, scratchy throat etc.) I had luckily requested today off from work too. Well since I have been cooped up inside since Thursday and I feel like a vampire I decided to go and do a little laundry at the laundry mat and pick up some cat food. On the way home I stopped at this soup joint because soup sounded good and all I have been eating was chicken noodle for the past week or so. So I decided to try the tomato torellini chicken. I am feeling a little loopy just from not moving much for the past few days and the place was really packed. So I ordered a small soup to go and the lady was like" that will be $4.50". She handed me a tiny little container of soup. IT was literaly a cup of soup. Get our your measuring cups. I ate it in like 8 bites. I wasn't feeling well enough to protest. I can't believe charging that much for second rate soup (IMO).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Cool Cat

yeah I paid a lot at Quiznos recently too. I was like, I wanted the bowl not the cup and they said "this is the bowl."
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Cat

I'm sorry it wasn't even that good

I hope you feel better soon. Being sick on top of having your wisdom teeth pulled is NOT fun!

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Kris, at those prices, I'll be making soup today! What time can you come over? Bring your checkbook!

I hope you feel better soon. You might want to ask the pharmicist about Musinex. It is Humibid, which is used to loosen bronchitis, pneumonia, etc., but it now available over the counter.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Whisperer
yeah I paid a lot at Quiznos recently too. I was like, I wanted the bowl not the cup and they said "this is the bowl."
Eww, I can't do Quiznos. Ever since they had those commercials with the little floating rodent wormy singing things, thats all I can see when I even hear the name......ugh!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks Jeanie I actually picked up some of that for my boyfriend when he had gotten sick initially. Luckily there was some left so I am taking it now.

Thanks mdmenagerie for the kind words!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePageKY
Quote:
Eww, I can't do Quiznos. Ever since they had those commercials with the little floating rodent wormy singing things, thats all I can see when I even hear the name......ugh!

Beileve it or not, those creatures were real dead mice with human eyes and mouths superimposed on them. I saw them in online animations years before they were in Quiznos ads, and wondered why a food chain would want animated dead rodents singing in their commercials.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Jr. Cat

dang, I hope it was at least decent soup. That price is outrageous!!

Speaking of soup, when I was in florida my BF and I went to a little restaurant on the coast that served mostly fish. I had a clam chowder there that was the BEST soup I've ever tasted. I'm not kidding - it was incredible. I'd pay 4.50 for that soup!

/tangent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Schlozsky's sandwiches have free refills. I go there quite often to have a "soup meal" for around 3 bucks.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MopsyCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePageKY
Quote:

Beileve it or not, those creatures were real dead mice with human eyes and mouths superimposed on them. I saw them in online animations years before they were in Quiznos ads, and wondered why a food chain would want animated dead rodents singing in their commercials.
The Spongemonkeys!!! I LOVE the Spongemonkeys!!! We love the Moooonnnnn!! I saw them a few years before their Quiznos debut so was quite excited! And I am pretty sure they are not dead mice with human eyes superimposed.

If you haven't seen the spongemonkeys, check this out..
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

Hopefully it will make you smile manitu!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page