Please pray for my grandmother. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Please pray for my grandmother.

Friday, Febuary 3rd, my grandmother (my mom's mom) wasn't feeling good with her stomach. It was hurting so she passed it off as maybe something to do with the Wendys hamburgar she was eating. Well, Saturday she was very weak and was even worse. Sunday, in the afternoon she called my mom and said her heart was pounding hard and fast. Well, my grandmother was taken into the hopsital where some tests where done. The stupid ER doctor passed it off as the flu. Well, they took some Xrays and turns out she was bleeding somewhere. They didn't know if it was in the stomach or colon. Well, we went down there Sunday night. They admitted my grandma and we spent the night (my mom, my brother & me) at my grandma & grandpa's house. Well, the next day my grandma's blood dropped to 6. And EGD was done and turns out my grandma had a tear in the esophagus along with several little ulcers that were healed. They kept my grandmother for a week because she need IVs and a blood transfusion. She came home on Saturday and we stayed until yesterday. Please pray for my grandma that she will heal soon.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Tom Cat

I'm so sorry to hear this about your grandmother.. i know how dear these people are in our lives. i will definately keep your grandmother in my prayers and hope she gets well soon. keep us updated on her condition.

(((HUGS)))
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Cool Cat

I will pray for your grandma.
Almost the same thing happened to my dad...he was taken to the hospital because his heart was pounded and he was out of breath. They found out he was loosing blood and eventually found that he had torn his esophagus. In his case, it was possibly caused from him taking non-coated asprin and the asprin weakened his throat. When he choked on some food, it caused the esophagus to tear. He did lose blood and required some transfusions. It took my dad a little while to feel totally normal but he is doing great now. I hope your grandmother feels better and better every day and that she is able to prevent this from happening again!

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I am praying for your grandmother. I'm so glad she finally got a proper diagnosis.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Premier Cat

So sorry about your grandma's difficulties, Catlover. My best wishes for a quick recovery.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Catlover, I'm so sorry to hear that your grandma is ill. I feared something like that was going on in your family since I haven't seen you on the forum lately. Sounds like she's been through a lot! Let your grandma know how much you love her...that will definently help her heal quicker! I'm sure she'd like a home-made card and poem from you!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Thanks everybody for your kind words. Dr. Pelman (the one who discovered her tear and ulcers) thinks it's from the Motrin she took.

Quote:
I'm sure she'd like a home-made card and poem from you!
That is a great idea! Thanks.

Wow so much stuff is going on. 2006 isn't turning out to be such a good year so far, like 2005.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Banned

I hope everything will be well w/ your grandma!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Premier Cat

I'm sorry to hear this. Best wishes to your grandmother and your family. I hope she recovers well.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Cat

I'm so sorry to hear your grandmother is having troubles

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page