Just found out... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to BamMcg Send a message via MSN to BamMcg
Just found out...

We have about two weeks to move. Those of you that are military can kind of understand. But even this is extreme. Hubby's orders have been in limbo with some fool who forgot to send them down the line. We finally got them in today after much harrassing up the line. So here's the thing, he has to be in Arizona and sitting in school on the tenth of March! We have to make an appointment with the movers, get everything together we're taking with us, pack, clear housing(cleaning etc), make arrangments for the cat, disenroll the kids, contact all our billers and cancel our services, etc etc, and fly out in the next 18 days! We have ONE thing done.... the tickets. Our flight leaves on the forth! Ahhhhh!... am I allowed to stress now???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Premier Cat

Atleast your moving during a beautiful time of year to Arizona.
No in the dead of summer. You must be a master organizer mover planner to roll with the punches of moving so much. Good luck on your move.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Cool Cat

Holy cow! You must have to be one organized lady to pull this off.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Jr. Cat

Wow, that's short notice. I was in the military for 9 years so I can sympathize. Good luck...you can pull it off.

Here's a link to Northwest Airlines priority pet shipping for info on taking your cat along: http://www.nwa.com/services/shipping...cts/ppet.shtml

We shipped all our bengals out of Honolulu with Northwest. They were very professional and helpful. If you're not taking the cat on the same flight you'll be on, the priority pet cargo is a safe good option. The woman in charge of the cargo office is a cat lover.

The cargo office is near just off Aolele street, at 350 Aolewa.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thank you guys so much. We are carrying Beaver on with us... or that's the plan so far! You all don't even know! I am one of the most clutter brained person ever. I have been diagnosed with ADD too. What's kind of good though is that with ADD, I do odd stuff with my time. Like the kitchen will be a mess so I'll start cleaning it and I'll open a drawer to pu something away. The drawer will be a mess, so I'll clean out all the drawers in the kitchen. The day before I found out, I cleaned out the big closet upstais... you know, the kind you can open the door to and have things jump out at you??? Now you could eat off the floor in there(like a tiny bedroom size). But hopefully hubby and I can work well together. He hates clutter and I can't stand dust or a dirty counter. We pretty much ballance each other out. Wish us luck and I'll let you all know how it all goes. For now, Hubby is sitting at transportation trying to make an appointment for our household goods to be picked up. We stayed up till 1 this morning getting Hubby's military gear ready to be turned in this morning too. I think we have a whole lot of overnighters comming our way in the next two weeks.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Cat

As an Army brat I've moved more times than I can count Even after I "grew up" I still have the compulsion to move! When do the packers get there to get your stuff all packed up? That's the BEST part of being a part of the military! They pack and move you!

Good luck getting to Arizona!

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Yeah my dad was in the army and we moved more than a dozen times when I was little.

He was in Taiwanese National Army....and he was an army doctor. So I guess the transient nature of the army is universal everywhere.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Cat

You won't need to worry to much about the move itself, since the military will be paying for it and they will come in and pack everything for you. If you put things in boxes yourself, don't seal them, the packers will just have to open them to inspect them. I've been in the moving business for over 25 years and have seen it all. Don't stress to much, but it's hard not to. Keep in touch with your military base in Arizona and notify them as soon as you get there. That way they don't have to search for you and your goods won't end up in storage (unless you want them to).

We are just the staff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Banned

Yikes! Army life, huh? They're good about not telling you anything right until the last minute. I can't tell you how many times Erik will call me out of nowhere and go, "alright, I'm jumping right now..not sure when I'll be back" or "we have to get packed up and be ready to go out in the field for tomorrow"...and then that last one got cancelled a few hours later, grr...

Good luck!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Oy. I sat down and made a list that doesn't include the movers comming in and packing out or the cleaning afterwards or the appointments, just the essentials for the move itself. It's 20 "things" long... mostly things that will take a full day or so for example... detailing the car and selling it ugh. We made an appointment with transportation for in the morning in order for them to make an appointment with a moving company. I spoke with housing and they said they usually pack you out about 10 days before you have to clear housing.. so I have a week to do a month's worth of stuff. I also made an appontment for Beaver... and a second for him for his shots too(they wouldn't do both together!) Add to that ,I'm getting sick with whatever hubby had. He's had a cold for three weeks now that turned into broncitus/pushing pnemonia. I've been sleeping all day! Anyway, thank goodness we have a four day weekend.... the kids only have a three day. Cassi's birthay party(she turned 7) is on Saturday as well. We're expecting about 20 kids that havce rsvped. Hubby made E6 so I also had a suprise party planned for him Saturday evening... OY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page