Kitchen Aid Mixer - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:24 PM

Kitchen Aid Mixer

Back in November I was asking for opinions on different stand mixers because I wanted one really bad. Well, my husband wouldn't let me get one.

Then on Valentines Day he told me that when we get some money we're expecting I can get one. So I went to kitchen aid's website and went to their store and noticed that they have a close out section. (http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/produc...AND&HDR=outlet)

They're selling Artisan mixers for $199 (reg $299) with no tax (unless you live in CT) and free ground shipping. So of course I ordered one.

The colors are kinda different, but if you can get past that then they're a great deal.

I'm so excited!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to Argent Send a message via Yahoo to Argent
Wow Congratulations -- that's about what I paid for mine at a local store that was going out of business.

A great deal on a great mixer -- I use mine to make waffles and pancakes batter all the time -- whips them up nice and airy.

Paul, Owned and Operated by:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:16 PM

I can't wait to get mine. I make pizza with a whole wheat crust that I have to make from scratch and I'm really looking forward to having that dough hook.

I'm on Ebay now looking for a cover for it. With all my critters I figure a cover is a good idea. I've found several that a lady makes. She charges between $6-7 and only charges $2.75 to ship. She's got a ton on there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Cat

Mine just sits atop the Fridge next to the cookbooks hehe

I've made cookies in mine as well (first thing I used it for) what a HUGE difference it makes -- I love letting it do all the work.

I want to get the Ice Cream maker attachment for it now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Cat Addict

I mentioned before that Brandon and I got one as an engagement gift from his parents and it really made a HUGE difference while I was making Christmas cookies. Not only was I free to do other preparations during the mixing period, but I was less tired afterwards.

We have an Artisan, too. I would have LOVED to get the purple one, but I gotta think of my future hubby.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:47 PM

I'd originally ordered the Crystal Blue. I pulled up the site to show Aaron what I'd ordered and saw that they'd put another color on closeout that I liked better.

I called them to see if my order had shipped yet and they told me that it hadn't so I asked them if I could change the color. They canceled the old order and did a new one with the color that I wanted. I got the ice color this time.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Cat

Mines Metallic Chrome -- but I love that Empire Green!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
man I want one!!! Maybe I can convience the hubby that for this anniversary we should get each other one! Believe it or not he uses the hand held mixer as much as I do and having an Artisan would be a blast!

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:32 PM

It's going to be here on Tuesday!!! Have I mentioned how excited I am?

To make the deal even sweeter, I found a $20 cash back and 1 yr subscription to "Food & Wine" magazine. I don't really care about the magazine. This makes my actual cost $179.00!!! I'm glad my husband made me wait. I don't think I'd have gotten such a good deal if I had gotten it when I wanted it.

So any suggestions on what I should make first??
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murried2
So any suggestions on what I should make first??
Amanda, you mentioned the pizza with the whole wheat crust. Since that sounds yummy to me, make that!

Just be sure to send me a piece of pizza!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page