Cookware - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Cookware

Anyone have suggestions on cookware? Have you tried Calphalon? If so, how long have you had it and would you recommend it?

Here's our story...
We registered for the Emeril stainless steel cookware because it seemed to have all the features we wanted. Fast forward to 4 months after the wedding... we dread cooking because of the cleanup this crap requires. The non-stick lasted about a month. They will never come completely clean, and they look like crap.

I contacted Bed Bath & Beyond because the cookware has a lifetime warranty, and BBB promises 100% satisfaction. They apologized for our unsatisfaction and told us to bring it all in, and we will receive store credit.

Now we have to decide what to replace it with. I've been reading reviews this weekend, but I just won't want to end up with the same issue 6 months down the road.

Any suggestions? Keep in mind, we have to stay within the budget of this cookware, and we are limited to what BBB carries. We simply do not have the funds for other options.

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Tom Cat

I have the Emeril non-stick pan, and I love it! Stainless steel is sooo much harder to take care of. My mother received the Emeril non-stick set for Christmas, and she cooks on them at least twice a day. She has had no problems whatsoever with them. I also got a Calphalon pan for Christmas, but I haven't used it yet...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Premier Cat

Are those the all silver pans? I got a nice Calphalon stainless steel pan and it was **** to clean. Certain things I can cook nice with but otherwise, the bottom of the pan would get really dirty and soaking it didn't do the trick. I'm looking for some nice non-stick pans too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yes. I've been reading about the importance of having certain pots made of particular materials for different things. Now I'm just trying to figure out what I need, instead of trying to get a pretty matching set.

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Cat Addict

I use mostly cast iron, Wagner and Lodge to be specific, which by nature is very high maintenance. For my non-stick I have Nordic Ware and some cheapy Mirro or something. Never had a problem at all. Cooking is my passion

-steve

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:14 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
That T-Fal set with the Red Spot that is used by Jamie Oliver (naked chef) is apparently amazing. i cant afford to by anything other than the cheapo walmart set so its not a comment from experience. although it is a set im buying the instant i can afford it
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I use Onedia 18/10 Steel series (I can only afford one pot and one pan so far, but I am working on it). I also use cast iron skillets. The cast iron skillets are almost impossible to wash so I just wipe it down with paper towels everytime I use them which actually makes them really low-maintaince.

I hate EVERYTHING from the Emeril line. They are all so crappy. I can't believe he is so popular. The man is a fraud
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip
I use mostly cast iron, Wagner and Lodge to be specific, which by nature is very high maintenance. For my non-stick I have Nordic Ware and some cheapy Mirro or something. Never had a problem at all. Cooking is my passion
Oh wow, another one exists I have all my grandmothers iron cookware, to include a cast iron waffle iron and a lodge dutch oven, and love it. And, same again, I have something like a little mirror saute pan for non stick use.

Oh forgot to mention. There is one skillet out of the bunch, a #9, that can ONLY be used for baking cornbread. It is absolutely taboo for this piece to be used for ANYTHING else

....cause grandma said so!!!!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Cool Cat

When my mil moved in with us she brought along her Farberware. I bet she's had these pots and pans forever and they still look spanking new. I just started using the pots. I still like to stay with non stick frying pans. I have a couple cast iron skillets for frying, although they don't get much use these days.

Shari
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to BaileyAndSammi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow771
That T-Fal set with the Red Spot that is used by Jamie Oliver (naked chef) is apparently amazing.
These are the ones I have. They work sufficiently for what I use them for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page