University of Washington snubs WWII vet!!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

University of Washington snubs WWII vet!!!!!

This really upsets me.
Apparently the student senate at UW doesn't believe that Marines are "an example of the sort of person UW wanted to produce"
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/print ... E_ID=48808
Outrageous!

Jennifer and the monsters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I am not terribly surprised. After all, Washington is a city of snubs.

Also, I find it terribly disturbing that while the Democrats tried to discredit the War with Iraq, they effectively discredited the entire defense system of North America in general.

I hated the War with Iraq when it first started. I was a Democrat back then. I joined the war protests and angered a lot of people (College Station is 90% Republican) For generations my family had been Democrats (or the Taiwanese equivalent of Democrats) However I feel that the Democrats really pushed me to become a Republican.

It does not matter if the war was right or wrong. We are deeply committed to it. We can't just pull out like the Dems would have us believe. To insult the leader of the free world AND the defense system that makes it all possible is in my opinion, proposterous and sacreligious.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm shocked! If there was ever a war (and there are few) that needed to be fought, it was WWll. Pappy Boyington and men like him truly protected freedom. If it were not for that "greatest generation" and their courage, we might not be a free country today! That generation, from all the allied nations, truly fought for a just cause, and saved this earth from madmen! SHAME on the student government at UW.

Do these young people not know their history? WWll was not a Vietnam! To quote Jennifer's article:

"Along with the Navy Cross, Boyington was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Franklin D. Roosevelt for his heroism. He was shot down and spent 20 months in a Japanese prisoner-of-war camp."

Lest we forget!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Also, Japanese prisoner-of-war camp was supposed to be the worst of the worst. Few people survived it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Banned

Garbage like this is why I am actually ashamed to say I went to college...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Yeah, I remember college as a very bubble-like society. Things were so much different in the real world.
Apparently the people quoted in the story are upset because they have gotten a lot of backlash from their comments. They should really thank people like Pappy for doing what they did so they can say things like that and not be jailed!

Jennifer and the monsters
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
They deserved the backlash! What goes around......

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Kitten

Send a message via AIM to Jill Send a message via Yahoo to Jill
Wow I just have to say that "Rich White Boy" thing is way out of line I don't know what the guy did after he was out of the military, but I do know that people in the military ARE NOT paid as much as people think they never have been and probably never will be. I wish I could slap both of those students.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page