I'm excited 'cuz I found an easy-to-use online recipe search - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I'm excited 'cuz I found an easy-to-use online recipe search

I was looking for a recipe that I know I have in one of my many cookbooks but, for the life of me, I had no luck. So, I got online and started searching. Well, duh! It dawned on me that I am a subscriber to the yearly Taste Of Home hardcover cookbooks so I thought "Hey, I wonder what they have online?"

They're website is awesome! You could find just about anything you're looking for on this site. If you know the exact name of the recipe you can type that in the search to get it OR (and this is the part I like) say you have some ingredients in your fridge/cupboards that you want to use up but don't necessarily know what to do with 'em - you can do an advanced search and look for recipes that have a list of the ingredients you type in.

OK, I'm calmed down now. Just thought I'd pass this on to anyone out there who loves the kitchen (or even for those who don't necessarily like cooking but want to find some new things to make). The web address is www.tasteofhome.com. You have to be a registered member to use their recipe search but it's free so what the heck! BTW, if you're into collecting cookbooks and like the hardcover ones that won't get so easily wore out, Taste of Home's annual cookbook offer is great. I've been getting them since 2001 plus I have a hardcover 5-ingredient cookbook of theirs. That one comes in real handy, especially when I'm looking for something new to try that won't take as long 'cuz with kids in the house there isn't as much time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Banned

Thanks for the link, I love online recipe collections.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Cool Cat

I'll give it a look.
What I would really like is one of those 4 or 5 ingredient cookbooks that would also have additional ingredients that you could add if you had time or the stuff to make it...like extra spices.
It seems like the few ingredient cookbook recipes are too simplistic and my husband doesn't like them since they don't have very much seasoning. But the "regular" cookbooks have like 10 ingredients or else they have what I would consider "weird" ingredients that I would never have and don't want to spend the money on. Unfortunately I'm not a good enough cook to really know without reading it in the book, what I could add to something to make it better or what I could leave out without it hurting the recipe.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlanon
I'll give it a look. What I would really like is one of those 4 or 5 ingredient cookbooks that would also have additional ingredients that you could add if you had time or the stuff to make it...like extra spices.
I have Taste Of Home's 5-Ingredient Cookbook. I haven't tried many things in it yet but the ones I have have all been good. To give a fair warning, though, it's not just a main dish cookbook. It has appetizers, desserts, etc., in it as well as some main dishes, vegetable dishes and other side dishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page