Molly has gone on to a new home - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Molly has gone on to a new home

To some of you, this may not be a shock. I've had a few private conversations in the last month or so.

I love Molly so much. She is such a wonderful dog. However, as some of you may or may not have noticed, I haven't been posting on this forum as much. This is not by choice. It's because I'm out on average (with commute) 12 hours a day with work. Jessica is currently working three part time jobs and is gone 10-12 hours at a time too.

We have no idea when our lives will calm down. It could be within 6 months or so, it could be another year or longer. Molly has seperation anxiety and gets destructive/depressed when she is left alone. It was just not fair to keep her like this for an indefinite amount of time. As much as the selfish side of me wanted to. It is just not the right time in our lives to have a dog.

We couldn't have found a better home for her though. It is a long story but we met with a lady who runs a local animal rescue. She fell in love with Molly and decided that she would be the perfect dog for her retired parents. She also had to see how Molly got along with her three dogs because if something were to happen to her parents she wanted Molly to fit in with her. Everything worked out well, so they adopted her. I'm told that she is doing well.

I am going to meet them Wednesday night after work for one final goodbye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Cat Addict

I am so sorry, Rob. *hugs* to you and Jess both.

As you said though, it IS for the best.......but I know it sucks right now.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:11 AM
Premier Cat

My heart goes out to you.
Dogs like that need a super amount of attention and want to be with you every minute of their waking moments. Its torture for them to be alone.

A friend is going thru this with his cattle dog. He can take the dog to work with him but when he travels he has to have the dog cared for every second of the day!

You did what was right for Molly. Dont beat yourself up. Sounds like you found the perfect home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:52 AM

(((Rob & Jess)))

I know how heartwrenching this must be for you. I'm glad you found her a great home.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Cat

I'm sure it was a very difficult decision.

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Cat Addict

What a tough decision... You and Jess are doing the right thing, though, and Molly will be grateful.

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Premier Cat

Aww, I'm so sorry, Rob. That's a shame. You did the right thing for Molly, though. Glad to hear she's doing well with her new family.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Banned

I'm so sorry, but it sounds like you're making the right decision. *Hugs*
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Cool Cat

Dogs can be a lot of work - and I think that you've done the best thing for Molly. I'm especially glad that you found a nice home for her.

Aimee aka "Kitty"
"Not all who wander are lost." -Tolkien
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Premier Cat

Rob, I am so sorry. I know how much your animals mean to you. Kudos for doing what is best for Molly, it must have been so difficult for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page