The big cookie decorating fiasco - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 05:33 PM

The big cookie decorating fiasco

My husband's birthday was yesterday. My MIL always gets a cake or cookie for birthdays and insists on doing something for everyone. Since I got a new mixer for Valentines day I told her that I wanted to make the cookie and decorate it since I had the ingredients anyway. Mind you, I've never done this before. I had no doubt about the cookie, but the decorating was a whole other story.

So I get the thing baked, let it cool and use my stencil to put the Mopar symbol on it and get it filled in. I let it dry overnite. Today I did the lettering and the border around the edge of the cookie.

When I went to move the cookie the darn thing cracked right down the middle. Words cannot describe how mad I am at that stupid thing. Overall I don't think I did a bad job considering that I've never decorated anything before.

Here's the cookie after it broke:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 05:37 PM
ZAR
Cool Cat

Well a crack means you can share it both Its the thought that counts! Also don't live in fear of your MIL, thats only at times. lol
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Senior Cat

cookies crack all the time. to make a big one it's usually a smart idea to transfer it using a sturdy board underneath. It looks good though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 05:48 PM
ZAR
Cool Cat

As I've said its the thought that counts the most. Most cookies crumble. Its there nature. lol
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Amanda, perhaps I should TASTE the cookie before you give it to your husband! It looks good, but we should make sure it's worthy of him!

(Seriously, I'm sure it's fine! Just wanted to make sure! )

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Yum, I want some!!

Who cares about the crack, it'll taste the same.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Even though it cracked, it still looks great. Believe it or not, if you didn't post that it broke, I wouldn't even have noticed. You did a great job, especially for a begginer.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Premier Cat

Heck, I'll eat it, it looks awesome!

Seriously, it is an adorable cake. The crack is no big deal.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 03:56 AM
ZAR
Cool Cat

Yes amazing effort. Its better then anything I could make!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Senior Cat

Yeah who cares about the crack. It just means one half for you and one half for him! That's just about my size too! YUMMY! I am sure he appreciates the thought as well. So don't worry about it. My brother to this days teases me about the time I baked a birthday cake for him when we were about 14 and 15 years old. It was delicious but it looked awful. Everyone in my family was teasing me except Joe, whom I made it for. He told everyone it was a Night Time Cake. You could eat it in the dark, not know what it looked lik and it was absolutely yummy. So here we are today at ages 48 and 49 and he still asks me everytine he sees me when I am going to make him a Night Time Cake. I love my brother so much for this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page