Surprise Party - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Surprise Party

Well I am not sure if any of you know MY STORY.................................
My husband and I met online on a Fish Forum 3 years ago. We instantly became friends and talked daily on MSN for 6 hours or more despite the time differences etc. We never knew what each other looked like for months, what are ages were etc. When we started to fall in love with each other he convinced me to get a web cam which I did. It was truly amazing. Everyone told us it would never work, etc. Two years ago Feb. 23rd, he flew here from Wales, Great Britian. We were so nervous as everyone had been saying that a 2 dimensional relationship on the internet is entirely different than one in person. Well, he got off the plane and it was a million times better. He stayed for a week, flew home. Came back 8 weeks later, proposed, I flew there to meet his family 4 weeks later and then 6 weeks later he came for three months so we could "try" living together to see how it would work. He never went home. We got married and started the Immigration Paperwork which is so confusing and very expensive as we needed a lawyer. ( And he couldn't work the first 7 months so I was sole supporter!) Anyways, long story short.............we had our interview in December which is part of the long process. Then it was you need to wait. Yesterday I got an envelope from Immigration in the mail and our Application was approved. Garry is no longer a LEGAL ALIEN! He is a PERMANENT RESIDENT with a Temporary Green Card which will change to Permanent in 2 years and then he can file for Citizenship! He doesn't know it came yesterday! When I saw it I was so excited but didn't want to just hand it to him so I have arranged for a neighbor to take him away this afternoon for three hours while I get a Big Party put together! I had a cake made with an American Flag and have about 40 of our friends and co-workers coming!
I'll post pics tomorrow. He will be stunned! No one has ever given him a party before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, that is wonderful!! What a great idea to throw the party. I hope he loves it! Let us know what happens!!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Banned

How great!!! What a great way to find out about all of that...what a lucky man he is to have you.

Can't wait to see pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 11:42 AM
ZAR
Cool Cat

Hey lucky guy to have someone that would do that for him! I'm usre he'll love it, and good luck with it all
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Cool Cat

Oh Debo this is such a touching story I love this kind storybook stuff. The surprise party is a great idea too. Can't wait to see the pixs

Shari
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

The party was EXCELLENT! What was more excellent was the look of bewilderment on Garry's face as he walked into our house wondering why there were so many cars in the driveway when I had told him my daughters were coming for the day. ..................................
How I ever pulled this one off I'll never know. First of all I can't keep something exciting like this from slipping. Saturday night I almost slipped to say that when his parents are here we can now go to Canada without his AP Documents. (I think we can?) I caught myself though. Then Sunday am he was so excited that I magically had the day off (I am in retail) that he wanted to spend the day with me so I had to fabricate this story of my daughter coming and needing some time alone with me to discuss something very serious. So he starts thinking all these things it could be. Then I FINALLY get him out of the house, I run and get dressed (this is at 12:45 ) and go to the grocery store to get everything. I am freaking out driving thinking how am I ever going to get everything bought, home, unpacked and prepared by 3:30. I ran thru and got home at 2:15 and my neighbor saw me drive down the road. Garry was with her hubby. So she came over and then another friend came early (thank God!) and it was all set up and ready. Then of course Eric calls and they are at the fish store and Mr Reef (Garry) can't shut his gob! So they were held up a bit. The picked the tractor up and got home at 4:30 where everyone was anixously waiting Garry to walk in. Well of course this tractor is his new BIG BOY TOY so he proceeds to start driving it all over our property! Finally he came in to get me so I could see it! AND SURPRISE! 40 people with Champagne standing in his kitchen! When everyone yelled surprise he looked puzzled and turned around to see if someone was behind him!
It was awesome and such a great moment of joy and happiness for me to turn to him, hand him some champagne and say........Garry we are all here today because we love you and we all wanted to be present when I told you that you are NO LONGER A LEGAL ALIEN........
He looked at me and his eyes teared up and I said you are now A CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENT........And his buddy yells..........yah, on the condition you do everything she says! HAHAHAHAH
So he teared up, choked up and it was just AWESOME. I am so glad I didn;t just hand him the envelope or call him on the phone. He said last night that that was the most special way he could have been told, as it is so important and something we have so been looking forward to! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE! We all have headaches this am from the champagne and must go to work!
Debs

Pics on Tuesday or Wednesday on my day off.............Off to work now!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Cool Cat

That's great!
I have heard the exact same story from 3-4 people I know - up til the point that it actually worked out!! So glad it did for you two!!

Congrats to him and glad that then party went well!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, what a great surprise! That was so sweet of you and I'm sure Garry will always remember this as one of his most memorable days
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Cool Cat

Welcome Garry. Ah now this is a happy story.

Shari
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's such a happy story! Congratulations to Garry, and good job to you! What a wonderful way to let him know the good news!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page