Question for the married & engaged.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Question for the married & engaged....

How long where you guys together, or known each other before you got engaged and or married?

I was just thinking on this......a co-worker just got engaged and they have only been together for 6 months...had not met before then.

Is it possible to 'know' in that short of a time?

I suppose it's different for some and they are togehter for years before hand....just wodnered what you guys think about it...

Just curious....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
We were engaged after we met for 6 months. We have been together 3.5 years. So we had been engaged for the last three years.

We never dated. We believed in courtship rather than dating (religious reasons).

Personally, I believe that people shouldn't date until they are ready to commit. I am a fairly conservative Christian, though.

My fiance needs to make a trip to Taiwan to meet my family before we get married. That could take awhile. Hopefully we'll be married this summer via Justice of the Peace.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to TxnKats Send a message via MSN to TxnKats
David and I had known/been together 6 months before moving in together. We got engaged on our 1 year anniversary, then married 3 years later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
My David and I dated for just a shade under 4 years before we got engaged in March of 1991. The original plan was to get married in either June or July of 1992, but I got pregnant, so the wedding was moved up to July of 1991 so I could be put on David's medical insurance since I didn't have any.

----------
Renée
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

I met Jeff around June of 2003. We starting dating around the end of November of 2003 and just got engaged 2 days ago! So we dated a little over 2 years before getting engaged.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Cat Addict

Definitely over two years of dating (not including the 8 months of a very good friendship BEFORE we dated) before he proposed....nope, not bitter (even though he DID buy a brand new car FIRST).
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Tom Cat

We knew each other for 7 months before we got engaged. We were married 8 month later. We're approaching our 15th anniversary, and we're still as happy as a pair of honeymooners.

I guess we both met the right person, knew it immediately, and never looked back.

Lori F. is owned by:
Sadie, the four-legged dog
Martin, the three-legged cat
Paul, the two-legged husband
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Cat

I was young (young and foolish) just out of high school. We dated for a year, moved in together for 11 years got married and have been married for 7 years. So basically we have been together 19 years.

Since we have been married we have had nothing but problems......my husband and I are talking about divorce. Sometimes things just don't work out.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Tom Cat

My fiance and I have known eachother for 11 years (went to school together since 5th grade when he moved there). I sent him secret admirer letters to tease him because he was the new kid, and he claims to be forever scarred by them . We then 'went out' in eighth grade for a week before I dumped him for his best friend (who I 'went out' with for 2 days). He swears he's loved me since the secret admirer letters

We got together our senior year in high school and have been together for almost 5 years. We've lived together 'officially' for 3 of those 5 years, but probably haven't actually spent the night away from eachother for 3 months total since we started dating.

We've been engaged a little over 3 months and will get married in June. We knew that we were soulmates within a few months of dating though, and if college hadn't been a factor we probably would've gotten married pretty quickly. If you know, you know
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
My husband and I dated for six months before we got engaged. We got married 8 months later, and are still married. He said it was love at first sight. It took me a little longer, but I truly love him. We've had ups and downs, but have never seriously considered divorce. We've gone though a lot together, but we have always come out the other side. We both take our vows seriously.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page