broken blood vessel in my eye -- update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

broken blood vessel in my eye -- update

Anyone ever had one of these before? It doesn't hurt, it's just so gross and red. The eye doctor said it could take 2 weeks to heal. He said it's caused by many different things and stress is one of them. I've been stressed.

[/list]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Senior Cat

I haven't had one myself but I did have an english teacher who got hit in the eye with a rubberband, accidentally shot by another teacher. her whole white of her eye was solid red, luckily it was around halloween so she used that as her costume
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Tom Cat

Both my fiance and I get them frequently. They usually only take a couple days to disappear. We are undergrads so stress isn't an occasional problem - its a way of life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Premier Cat

Not serious. I was hit in the face by a box once. The dr made me wear a patch for a couple days and then it slowly disappeared. They look worse than it is ~ was my experience.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Cat Addict

I had that happen right before my surgery last October. They put me under to try to remove the gall stones through my mouth. The problem was that after a while I began to wake up with a tube down my throat... not pleasant. Well, anyway it was really traumatic and I popped a blood vessel in my eye. It looked about 100 times worse than yours and it went away in about 10 days.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Cat Addict

Well, (and I'm sure this isn't what happened to you), my mom had broken a few blood vessels in her eyes in the last few weeks, and then she was at the doctor's for a check up and they found out her blood pressure was 200/115. And they said that's what was causeing hers, and she is VEEEEERRRRRY lucky she didn't have a stroke.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Is it suppose to "spread" like this? It's now to the blue part of my eye.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to AllergyCat Send a message via Yahoo to AllergyCat
It's okay.

The blood vessels in your eyes are very fine and delicate.

Blood thinners can cause this, excessive exercise, coughing, pushing, or nothing at all can cause them.

It will look a little worse as it starts to go away. Your eye could take on a green/yellow appearance in that area.

It's called a Subconjunctival Hemhorrage and is very common. We see them all the time. I have seen them before where it will actucally swell and drape over the lid. So the person has this red 'gel' coming out of their eye. As you can imagine, they freak out but there is nothing that needs to be done. Only time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page