We made it! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

We made it!

Today at 1:20 pm.....80 degrees....Wooo hoooo.

Rode the Yamahog through Mammoth Cave National Park today in a t-shirt......life is good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Mike! Rub it in; why don't you? Oh, for shame. How very fortunate you are! I'd love to see Mammoth Cave, and I love warm weather. Sigh! Would you take pictures iin there and post them? I'm surprised that the terrain permits motorcycle riding.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Tom Cat

It was beautiful out in eastern PA also..Loved it!!!!

~*Monique*~ (Mom to many)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Premier Cat

Heck, I was happy with 50 degrees on Friday...grumble, grumble.

I have never been out that way, it sounds wonderful.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Mike! Rub it in; why don't you? Oh, for shame. How very fortunate you are! I'd love to see Mammoth Cave, and I love warm weather. Sigh! Would you take pictures iin there and post them? I'm surprised that the terrain permits motorcycle riding.
I'm thorry, I won't do it no more

Actually, they don't allow off road vehicles in the park. My bike is a cruiser anyway, but there are miles upon miles of paved road throughout the park. Some of them are ancient, but they're paved...uh..mostly. I've taken lots of pictures in the park, some of my favorites have been from canoe camping trips...is it ok to post them here? Or should I post them somewhere else and link to them?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Cat Addict

Brace yourself!
It was in the 70s for about the last week. Then a storm hit. Now it's in the 40s.
It should be heading in your direction, although it might pick up warm air between here and there!

Jennifer and the monsters
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Mike, we COAX people to post pictures here! How often have you toured the caves. Do you have any pictures of the inside, or is it too dark?

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Mike, we COAX people to post pictures here! How often have you toured the caves. Do you have any pictures of the inside, or is it too dark?
I have toured the caves probably 6 times since I was a child, nearly all the available tours, except for the "wild cave" tour, where it is done with oil lanterns, helmets and such. Little too "deep" for me. My true love of Mammoth Cave National Park is the surface park. The Green and Nolin Rivers both run through the park, and there are hundreds of miles of trails, and 9 campgrounds. Some have full hookups, some, like on the north trail, is bring your own water and a tent.

I tried on the historic tour to take pictures, but it was just too dark for the little point and shoot camera that I had with me. This shot of the entrance is the only one that came out

I did however, get a picture inside of one cave....sort of...this is paddling a canoe OUT of a partially water filled cave on the Nolin River at Cuddy Cove.

"Puddleduck" aground at the campsite on Nolin River.

And this is one of my favorites....deer are not hunted inside the park, so, they take people with a grain of salt. It's the closest thing to co-habitation that I've ever seen, humans and wild deer calmly walking the same paths.......

I have quite a few more pictures, but I've just now realized how disarrayed my system to storing photos actually is....I might be awhile finding them
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Premier Cat

What beautiful photos of Mammouth Cave NP.
Do they have bats like Carlsbaad Caverns does?
I miss the green alot. What kind of bike do you have?
Post more photos.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
The weather had been just beautiful all last week...which frustrated me, because I was so ridiculously busy.

Oh well, Spring Break starts tomorrow........

I still have 75 essay exams to grade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page