I had a wonderful SUN SHINNY day today!

What all did ya' do today ?

I went shopping

First we started out at Micky D's for breakfast

Then we went to Kingsport

We stopped at the Super Kmart

I bought me some new much needed oven mits

And some Pansies to plant

Also some seeds- Watermelon, Sunflower,cucumber,pumpkin,lettuce,Carnation,holly hock,more lupine,blazin star,blanket flower,& dahlia seeds

Also I bought some bulbs to plant ,Asiatic Lily Cancun,Asiatic Lily Amorone, Pavonia Tigridia Mixed, Crocosmia Mixed, & Some Cannas
I bought some Blue hydrangeas & Pampas Grass.

We went on to Pier1 imports ,Tjmax & Ross where I bought Baby Brittani (My new grandbaby) a new "Easter Outfit" and A set of Care Bear dishes

Then we came up on a Flea Market "Traders Village" that was outta this world, I spent hours in there, it was so huge, they had everything you could imagine, was just fun looking, it was a very unique place !

Of Course Buster MY hubby had to stop at every Car lot there was lol
Him & Roy....Roy( MY SON) was going nuts over the Dodge Neons
His favorite car !

Then we came back to Bristol and ate at Ryan's the all you can eat Buffet...I ate to much But it was sooooooooo good

We left at 10 am this morning got back at around 6 pm

So how was ya's day ?
I am soooooooooo tired !

Did anyone get to enjoy any sunshine ?

I sure did, even got to wear my shorts today

Mechele Owned by Daisy Mae, Babe & Presley
Savannah (RIP) June 16th 2005 Patches (RIP) 1991

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Cat Addict

I had a great day as well.

We started off at a 2nd birthday party for my friend's son. He is absolutely adorable and was a ham all throughout the party. Such entertainment!

Then my husband and I were able to come up for a rare afternoon nap. Followed that with a visit to our friend & business partner's home to play with a new puppy and take care of some business projects.

We just returned home from the movies.

Nothing really exciting, but it was a pleasant day.

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Cat

Rain, Rain,Rain. Went and got coffee *was good*, then went shopping for the kitties, then home. Lazy day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Banned

Wish I could say the same about having a sun shiny day. Late friday night, I found a hole in the drain for the tub. The brass had corroded away to nothing. Then when trying to remove the drain assembly for the tub, the galvanized pipe beyond the old style drum trap broke off in the trap! So using my pipe wrench along with a 4ft piece of Sch 40 PVC pipe, I was able to get that piece of pipe, most likely the original plumbing on this 62yr old house, out of the fitting.

Trying to find 1½" galvanized pipe was hard. Lowes and Home Depot do not stock it. But a local old time hardware store (which I thought was not open) had it. I got the new pipe in, but not without problems. Anybody that works with galvanized knows that when you thread it in and the other piece that goes on to the other end cannot rotate due to some obstruction, you have to back off the front side of the threaded pipe to thread it into the object/fitting on the back side.

So after about 6 hours, I got it all together and took a much needed shower. While I still have some tiny leaks to deal with, I can at least use the tub without the water spilling onto the basement floor. The leaks are easily fixed as I can, at the very least, pack something such as putty, silicone, or epoxy into the fittings.

Maybe it was not such a bad day after all. I got it done FAR CHEAPER than having a plumber come out.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Cool Cat

We had a beautiful day in Jersey, sun was shining and the nicest breeze, one of those great to be alive days. Took my Mom out to find a suit for a wedding in May. Drove to a mall in Delaware then on down to an outlet in Maryland. She didn't find anything she liked but it was still a nice drive. We met up with my dh had dinner then she and I hit Target. Then on to her house. It was a long day, she ran me ragged

Shari
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Yesterday I was at work. Last day of my placement in the neonatal unit. We had a bit of a yuckky admission (heavy social work involvement) and 3 other sicky little ones. Start paeds A&E Tuesday.

Today, I am catching up with housework and recovering!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Banned

Hmm, yesterday was NOT a sunshine day for me, I woke up and it was 8 o'clock dark outside, storming. I woke up at 8:30 and Trixie wouldn't let me go back to sleep so I got up and checked out the cat board. I worked out, showered, and went out to run some errands (Staples to get printer ink, Pet Supplies Plus for kitty food, Kroger for food, and GNC for melatonin...and Penera Break to feed my addiction, lol, and get their salad that I love). I came home and looked at wedding stuff with Erik online, and then I spent the rest of my day working on my thesis project...which sounds like it sucks, but I've had "designer's block" for the past few months and didn't know what direction I wanted to go with it...and in the middle of the night Friday I figured out what I wanted to do (I always wake up in the middle of the night and think of solutions for my problems, lol) so I'm excited to get working on it. At night Erik and I watched some tv together (over the phone) and then went to bed.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
On Saturday, we took the kids (minus one--Li'l David has an ear infection and possibly the flu, so he stayed home) up to Mt. Baldy to play in the snow.

We had such an awesome time! Mikey and Chris had a snowball fight. Lauren and I made snow angels and tried to throw snowballs at my hubby (he's too quick for us). All three kids rode in the sled hubby bought for them to use. Chris, Mikey and I stuck our tongues out and caught snowflakes. And it was snowing the whole time we were out there, so we were covered in snow. And I think the snow was about 12 inches deep. I felt kind of bad, though. At a certain point, the CHP wasn't letting anyone without snowchains up the mountain. It was kind of sad to see for every car with chains, five had to turn around.

Unfortunately, going home wasn't as fun. By the time we had left, Mt. Baldy Rd. was closed, but we didn't know that at first. The cars were backed up for about two miles. Luckily we were in the first quarter mile of the back up. David ended up walking down to where he saw the flashing lights. Turns out the reason Mt. Baldy Rd. was closed was because someone spun out, and took out a couple of cars, too. We waited for a good 45 minutes, so David had been talking to various people walking up the mountain to get more information. A CHP officer told him that if he had chains, then he should put them on as that the road was icy and that the CHP were going to let four wheel drive vehicles and cars with chains go first. We finally got moving and as we were driving, a white van in front of the car in front of us swerved into the side of the mountain due to how icy the road was. Luckily, it was just the van that hit the mountain. I'm assuming everyone that was in van was okay.

And that's the story of what we did on Saturday. Sunday was uneventful.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page