Wicked Weather. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Wicked Weather.

Ah, the middle of March, when it's supposed to be cold and snowy, not thundering, lighting, windy, raining, and a Tornado watch! I heard that several other states had warnings and a Tornado actually touched down. I hope noone here on the forum lived in those states!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That weather, evidently, has been caused by a drastic change in the weather. It is over 60 degrees F in the Pittsburgh area today, but we will have a sudden drop to 38 degree F overnight. It is quite windy and overcast right now. We seldom get tornados, however.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Tom Cat

Unfortunately I do live in one of those states! We had a tornado touch down near Columbia, MO and my fiance and I plus our two dogs and three cats crowded in a tiny (3 ft X 4ft) closet. It was awful - but the tornado didn't come through our side of town. We did get baseball sized hail and you should see some of the cars!! Luckily, Honda knows how to make 'em and my car came away with three teeny tiny dents that you have to really look to see! The car that was parked next to mine is completely pockmarked...

My family lives in SW MO and about three years ago a huge tornado ripped through our area destroying tons of houses for about 40 miles. It went right through our back field, but our house was fine. Everyone had just gotten their houses rebuilt and moved back in and the tornadoes last night went along the same path destroying the same houses and killing one man. It would be absolutely devestating to go through it once, let alone twice!! Not to mention some of the homeowners lost their insurance on the first go round, and are now SOL...

My aunt and uncle live in NW Arkansas and their house's roof was ripped off with them inside. They were huddled in a closet and the kids were screaming because they couldn't get their animals in time. Luckily, no one was hurt and the animals were all safe and sound. Their house was declared structurally unsound and they have to tear the house down and rebuild. This is ironic because they literally just finished a $71,000 addition to their house last month.

Needless to say, these storms are scary - makes me want to move!!!
You can't really ever escape weather though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Senior Cat

weather is wierd in san jose too, it was really cloudy yesterday until 2, I mean it looked like night it was so thick, then it cleared up and then about two hours later it started hailing. last night it was so cold that the pool froze over
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Cat

Parker, how scary! I heard about the tornados in Missouri and Kansas this morning and just shuddered; they sounded terrifying! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that!

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
I think Mother Nature is trying to tell us something. And I believe our weather is going to get stranger and stranger until something more major than Katrina happens.

I know the day after tomorrow movie wasn't real big in the theaters and such but it did provide some information on global warming and climate shifts. Its makes you wonder if something similar could happen. Not exactly all the same but our storm systems getting stronger because of the ice caps melting. I can tell ya one thing, I'm definitly going to clean out my closet in our bedroom because its the most interior part of our house. We don't live in the actual "tornado alley" but we live in Georgia's tornado alley. After seeing some of the radar pics from this past weekend I 'm going to be checking them out more often.

Ya'll just be careful!

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Parker, I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! At least you and your family (including animals) were safe and nothing happend.

Lunarbishop,
I agree 100%. Everything is strange, Tornadoes in the middle of March, Hurricanes happening left and right last year, then Asia had that big Tsunami, and didn't California have a mudslide or something?

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker
Everyone had just gotten their houses rebuilt and moved back in and the tornadoes last night went along the same path destroying the same houses and killing one man.
What a tragedy. I'm so grateful you're all right. Last fall I was ini Ohio when a tornado warning was announced, and my niece and I squeezed into a tiny closet. Of course that was not as crowded as you were! The tornado touched down about 1/2 mile from us. I wouldn't want to be any closer!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Senior Cat

Fortunately, Dallas has the Trinity river to route smaller tornados away from the city. We have had the most bizarre "winter" this year. It was in the 90's then the 20's now the 80's. I'm sitting home with the flu, and I have no voice to speak of. My immune system can not handle rapdi changes in temperature like this so I feel like doo doo.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Cat

The weather has been rather weird. Cassandra, I live in the SF Bay Area too. Do you remember when it was around 70-80 degrees just about a month ago? Now the temperature is close to freezing! What is going on? I hope everyone stays safe wherever they are from!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page