Missing Family - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Missing Family

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/ ... 3052.shtml

The brother of the guy that is missing is my sisters ex boyfriend. His whole family is missing and he has no one to talk to so he called her. This story has made national news. Please help get the word out about this missing family!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Cat

Oh, this is terrible I can't stand stories like this b/c there is so much desperation involved when folks just disappear. Please let your friend know that I am thinking and praying for his family's safe return.

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Cat Addict

Oh my, how horrible!!!! I'm sure it has to be heartbreaking!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Premier Cat

That is so upsetting! I can only imagine how this poor guy must feel. It's heartbreaking. Prayers and good wishes for their safe return. Keep us posted, Heather.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I can't imagine a whole family disappering. For me, just a cat disappearing would crush me.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned

I actually just saw this on the news last night -- how horrible, I hope they're found.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Cool Cat

I know people will not like thinking about what I'm going to say, but do you think there is any possibility that they just took off? Sometimes people do that...
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yeah it's a possibility but the wierd thing is, no activity in their bank accounts and no calls from their cell phones....if they just wanted to get away and not be found, woudln't they still use their bank and phones?

If there are updates, I'm sure my sisters ex will call her with them and I'll update you all.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

My sisters ex is here right now. The police called him and said they are calling off the search because they think his family is buried under 12 feet of snow and they can't do anything until it melts. They told him he needs to start thinking about cremeation or burial. This is just horrible. It's his bio mom and brother that is in the mobile home and he is the closest to them as family members so the decision is up to him.

PLEASE pray that if those 6 people are indeed in the mountain buried in snow, that they are somehow keeping warm and that they have food and water in their mobile home. Miracals happen...lets HOPE this turns out okay...it does not look good though.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
if they just wanted to get away and not be found, woudln't they still use their bank and phones?
Not necessarily, if one planned a disappearance thoroughly enough. Credit cards and bank withdrawals leave a paper trail that is easily followed.

If the police there do indeed think the family may be trapped in a snow drift, there isn't reason to give up hope yet. In a situation such as that, water will be more important than food and in snow, water isn't hard to come by. With 6 people together, they should be able to stay warm enough inside the RV. No doubt they had blankets and extra clothes to keep warm with. The lack of cell phone calls might just mean there is no signal or they have no battery power for the phone. I hope the weather there warms enough for the search to continue soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page