First Car - What color? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to akstacey88
First Car - What color?

Hi Everyone, In a few weeks i'm buying my first car. Its a 2006 Chevy Cobalt. 2 Door. I like to car, and the fact that I work at a Chevy dealership I get an awesome deal. However I cannot decide on a color. Whats your favorite color car? Im just looking for some opinions. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Cat

I love yellow cars but I'm always in a minority on this There is a rumor about there that red cars draw the attention of state troopers, so if you drive fast, beware

White cars are the easiest to keep clean generally.

Do you have a link to the colors available?

CONGRATULATIONS! First cars are so lovely and exciting.

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Cat Addict

I like black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe
I like black.
I like black too. In fact, I love the look of a black, clean, sleek car. Note the big word in there: clean. I owned a black car for 4.5 years and it was impossible to keep it clean. Black looks terrible when it is dirty. So, out of the 4.5 years I had that car, it looked good for all of 4.5 days.

Therefore, the last color I would recommend is black.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to SammyO
I have had black, red and now a white vehicle. I prefer the white, it looks sporty with dark tinted windows and looks cleaner too. HATE black..what a pain to keep it looking good.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty&Lou
Quote:
I like black.
I like black too. In fact, I love the look of a black, clean, sleek car. Note the big word in there: clean. I owned a black car for 4.5 years and it was impossible to keep it clean. Black looks terrible when it is dirty. So, out of the 4.5 years I had that car, it looked good for all of 4.5 days.

We have a black car, and yes, I'll agree, it is harder to keep clean than other colors, but we still love it, and it is not IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean...we just wash it once a week or so, and it usually looks great. Our next car will be black as well.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty&Lou
Quote:
I like black.

We have a black car, and yes, I'll agree, it is harder to keep clean than other colors, but we still love it, and it is not IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean...we just wash it once a week or so, and it usually looks great. Our next car will be black as well.
Ok, so "impossible" was probably a overstatement. But you try keeping a car clean when you have to drive 50 miles round-trip to work everyday through the snow and salt! Arg, road salt, the worst thing to ever happen to a paint job....

Can you tell I am terribly jelous that you live in California??

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to SammyO
Quote:
But you try keeping a car clean when you have to drive 50 miles round-trip to work everyday through the snow and salt! Arg, road salt, the worst thing to ever happen to a paint job....
I am with ya on that one! I drive 100kms a day (62 miles) on the highway and I live in a snowbelt. Crappy! White is the best for winter time, thats for sure!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
white is the safest color, black and red tend to attract trouble and the inbetweens are usually perfect! My fav color for a car is blue, and NO fair that you're getting a Cobalt!!!! I think they are cute little cars and I loved the commercials that had the cobalt and corvette in them! Good luck with deciding!

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to akstacey88
Thanks everyone for your help. I am really excited to get my car. Me and my cat will go in lots of trips to my parents house in it. The color im still torn about, i'm sure the day I actually get the car is the day I will decide.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page