"Marley and Me" the book - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

"Marley and Me" the book

I dont know if this has been discussed but i just read this book two days ago and it was great! I cried at the end but i felt like this dog had a great life, considering. I personally had to give a dog up due to his agressive nature.
I now have a non-agressive chi-wienie named Diego. he is a love.
Anyways, just wondering if you guys read it.

Cats: Kiki, Sonny Lucky, Oreo, Simon
Dog: Diego
Horse: Charlie
Kids:3 (ages 14, 11, 9)
Husband :1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Cat Addict

I read it and LOVED every second of it! Luckily my dogs outgrew their Marley phase, but it sooooo brought back memories of Bear as a pup!
I cried like a little baby at the end! I don't think I've cried like that for a book since reading Where the red fern grows

Jennifer and the monsters
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
I'm curretly still reading it and I've stopped for a little bit because I'm alomst to the end and I know that its going to be sad.

the crazy thing is that Marley reminds me of a child that I work with at school. The child has the same energy and hyperactivity with no common sense whatso ever. But in the same sense of Marley and protection, the child is very protective of his mother and he's only 6. I can see the child doing the same things as Marley.....like when the author describes how many screen doors they have replaced! I picture the child seeing the icecream truck or something just as exciting (like Marley see's something) and bursts through the screen door without realizing that its there. I adore this kid but I do hope that he grows up a little before he reaches 1st grade!

Back to the book, I've wanted to read it ever since I saw the author talk about it on some talk show, and so I ordered it knowing I would love it. Now I just have to go through the sad parts and then i'm passing it on to my mom and friends to read. I really like this book!

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page