Grey & Brown's.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Grey & Brown's....

I wore dark grey slacks (dress up pants) with a dark brown 3/4 sleeve top. My co-worker was bored and told me that my outfit doesn't really go well together. This was in the midst of everyone joking around and looking at silly pictures on the internet.

Anyways, I don't feel horribly offended b/c she is not someone I would be taking advice from. She wears highwater capri looking pants with black shoes and white socks.......

I obviously think it's fine and I don't want reassurance or anything. I just want to know what everyone's opinion is on those 2 colors and if I'm the only one that thinks it's fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 05:50 PM

Capri pants?! Oh puhleeze!
Next time she says that just say, "Pot...kettle!"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Senior Cat

hmm, well when I put brown in an outfit it's usually a coat used to accent another color.

Browns normally compliment yellows, oranges and dusty reds better than grey but if you like it then go for it.

See, grey is a difficult color to pin down, in reality it's either shades of light black or dirty white. Darker greys go really well with jem tones or other dark greys and lighter greys go better with dusty colors or jeans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 06:00 PM

Two of my favorite colors to pair up are brown and blue (dark brown and a lighter or royal blue)! If those go together, brown and grey definitely do too!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 07:34 PM

I would never wear dark gray with dark brown.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 08:21 PM

I wear a brown shirt with black pants. Usually, I'd say brown and black don't go together, but that brown shirt looks good with black.
I think it all depends on the tone of brown and the tone of gray.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks for your input guys
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer2
I wear a brown shirt with black pants. Usually, I'd say brown and black don't go together, but that brown shirt looks good with black.
I think it all depends on the tone of brown and the tone of gray.
I agree. Some greys have a slight brownish tone, and tweedy grays can contain flecks of brown.

I think your coworker was rude. Even if she was a good dresser, she has no business commenting like that, especially in front of others. I'm sure they were horrified at her rudeness.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

She's got a big mouth. I certainly wouldn't be saying that to someone unless they were a close buddy of mine but even then I think it's kind of rude when the other person wasn't asking in the first place. I am not mad at her or insulted by her saying her opinion, just kinda thought it was rude she put that out there like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page