pictures of my grandparents house.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

pictures of my grandparents house....

I never took any pics of what it looks like on the outside but i got a bunch of what it looks like on the inside. I Grew up in this house. Lived there my first 18 yrs.
Bedroom Eric and I stay in when we go up.(was my bedroom from age 9 till i moved out)

My grandparents bedroom

My mothers bedroom

The hallway to all the bedrooms and the bathroom(didn't take pics of bathroom, its the least cluttered room in the house)

(you can see the bathroom door in this pic, its the open door)
The dinning room

The living room

One of the door ways

Entry way/laundry room

The kitchen

That house wasn't that cluttered until i was around 9 yrs old. You used to be able to sit at the dinning room table and eat. The dinning room table was used for thanksgiving day and birthday partys and such. There is a TV in the kitchen, living room, my moms room, my grandparents room, and the room i stay in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, the stickers on the headboard is priceless. I think every kid probably did that when they were little.

I like the pillow case on the pillow leaning against the closet in your grandparents room. My little sister has the same one!

Looks like a very cozy house! The abundant clutters of stuff is a little too much for my likeing but none the less, thanks for the pics, I love looking at other's people's houses.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
It seems as if, for whatever reason, things got to be too much for your grandmother to handle. It must break her heart to see what has happened to her lovely home--even if she was responsible for allowing it to get cluttered. I don't know, of course. It would be lovely if the family pitched in and put in back the way it was, even if they had to hire some help. I think she would be overjoyed.

Of course you don't want to throw away anything she would consider important, but one room could be designated as the room for items not being used right now, and you could show her where to find what. A couple of closets could be fitted with organizers, shelves, etc., and many things could be stored there. I can't think of a nicer thing you could do. I think grandmother would weep for joy.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

my grandfather has asked her to clean up and she says not right now i'll get to it when i can. And those clothes in my room and in the hall way are all my mothers
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I think it is probably overwhelming! It would be, to only one person. Perhaps you could contact your mother and other relatives and tell Grandmother you want to do it for her as a gift, that she deserves help. She's probably getting older, but even a twenty year old would be overwhelmed. It's too much for one person, especially a senior citizen. I'm sure you'd be happy to see the house the way you remember it.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 03:31 AM
ZAR
Cool Cat

.......ahem....aheh... errrrrrmmm hey great photos!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 08:24 PM

Where in Maine did you grow up? I grew up near Maine as I am from NH!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

I grew up in guilford maine.(thats southern piscataquis county)

Well My gram gets irritated if someone tries to clean up something to make a little space. You should see the refridgorator(sp?) it has left overs and 2-3 of the same condiment open in it. wow its just horrible. I am going to try and keep myself from becoming a pack rat. She buys something and then puts it away forgets she has it and then buys another one.

My grandparents are in their 80's. My mom is in her 40's and I'm just 21 lol.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 11:05 PM
Cool Cat

Ah the ole gal just doesn't have it in her. At 80 I don't blame her, I'm tired of it too.

Shari
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Cool Cat

oh my!

80 is not THAT old! People who get things that cluttered usually have more of a mental problem with it, versus just having things get out of hand don't they? Esp when you said she has mutliple jars of the same thing opened in the frig....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page