My lil man was sick last night - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

My lil man was sick last night

At 9:30 he threw up, then again around 11, then again at almost 12. He fell asleep watching his mozart and friends sleepy time dvd at about 12:20 and stayed asleep until about 2:30 and woke up through up and basically gaging cause he had nothing in his stomach. And he stayed asleep until just about 30 minutes ago. He has been drinking plain milk since he got up. about 2 cups of it. He hasn't thrown up yet either. The last time he threw up was at 2:30. Boy does our apt stick! I hope it gets warm enough to open our window for a little bit. We stayed down stairs last night and he slept on his tigger couch. Billy and i slept on the other 2 couches. As long as he keeps his milk down I'll be giving him a bath after he finishes his movie and he'll get to go to grammy's house(my MIL) for the day.

I think it was either what billy had minus the diarrhea or he's allergic to fish, or the spices on the curly fries. We had fish sticks and curly fries for supper last night. I really hope he doesn't throw up again today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Take it from someone currently working in paeds A&E right now... It's the time of year for it Have seen lots of children like you have described over past two weeks, and no doubt there will be some more next week.

We give parents Dioralyte (fluid replacement) and recommend they start with 5 mls every 5 minutes, slowing increasing amount/time as they tolerate it. Is he dribbly? Still having wet nappies? If so he can't be too dehydrated just yet.

Unfortunately it is just a case of riding it out and pumping those fluids into him!

Hope he gets better soon!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

he seems to be fine now. His daddy had both vomiting and diarrhea and it only lasted 12 hrs. Eric has been awake for almost 2 hrs now and hasn't vomited once since he's been up. The last time he vomited was like i said at 2:30 this morning. So he's doing good. He's a little sleepy but other than that he seems to be over it.

I just hope i don't get it. I really don't need it I'm pregnant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page