Hair coloring mistake - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Hair coloring mistake

Any hairdressers on the forum?
My hair is beginnging to grow in nicely since shaving it down in January. I've been coloring my hair for so long I can't remember the real color. I thought I would be fun (while it's still short) to try blonde. While against everything I've learned, I bought this boxed Loreal haircolor that was supposed to be high lift and "completly cover the gray". NOT! My haircolor is peach. I look like one big peach head, and it did not cover the gray at the temples. At this point I don't know whether to get another box color and darken it or go to the hairdresser (like I should have done instead of listening to co-workers) and have it professionaly lightened.
I know better. These boxed haircolors just do not have enough bleach in them to lighten the hair enough. Guess I'm hiding from the public today.
Any suggestions hairdressers?

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
One acquaintance of mine said she used "stripper" to remove the color and then colored it blonde. I don't know whether she had someone else do it or whether she did it.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 12:52 PM

id try a super blonding kit that should work...alot of people repeat bleach to get the effects they want so you should be ok, just wear a baseball cap out and talk to the lady in cosmetics counter. or you can just dye it a nice dark warm blonde or a light auburn brown and it will come out looking great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
But, Shari, it looks so peachy now! (Ducking the book she just threw!!)

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 04:46 PM

My sister had an issue like yours -- she was trying to dye her hair lighter after she dyed it darker and it turned grayish-purple. I called our friend who is a hair dresser and she said DON'T dye it again or do anything, it'll ruin your hair. I'll pass your post onto her and see what she says to do.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
But, Shari, it looks so peachy now! (Ducking the book she just threw!!)
Very funny Jeanie very funny I think I'll go to the hairdresser tomorrow. I do not want to walk into work on Monday sporting a hair disaster. The more I look at it, maybe it is more the color of a freckle.

Shari
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 05:06 PM

The hairdresser seems to me the best thing you can do.

Be sure to make some pictures first and put them on the forum
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 05:41 PM

My hairdresser friend said:
Quote:
Crystal-

The best bet for her is to go to a salon. There is nothing that she can buy over the counter that will lighten her from here. Sorry!
So nothing you already knew.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 05:45 PM

Re: Hair coloring mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprot
Any hairdressers on the forum?
My hair is beginnging to grow in nicely since shaving it down in January. I've been coloring my hair for so long I can't remember the real color. I thought I would be fun (while it's still short) to try blonde. While against everything I've learned, I bought this boxed Loreal haircolor that was supposed to be high lift and "completly cover the gray". NOT! My haircolor is peach. I look like one big peach head, and it did not cover the gray at the temples. At this point I don't know whether to get another box color and darken it or go to the hairdresser (like I should have done instead of listening to co-workers) and have it professionaly lightened.
I know better. These boxed haircolors just do not have enough bleach in them to lighten the hair enough. Guess I'm hiding from the public today.
Any suggestions hairdressers?
Now isn't that just PEACHY!! I wanna see I wanna see!!! C'mon, post a pic will ya!! Oh, and to make sure i don't fall into the NO HELP category, I'd just shave it all off!

Clint
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Right Clint, the first picture I ever post will be Shari the Giant Peach Head. Oh you would just love that would'nt ya

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page