baby b-day advice - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

baby b-day advice

ok, i'm due may 3rd, but they're planning on inducing me at 38 wks, 'cuz of gestational diabetes, unless i go into labor own my own before then. my amniocentesis is april 18th [they might induce me then] anyways, my ? is, if it was kind of up to u the b-day, would u pick another family member's b-day or let the baby have its own?

my choices:

mine - 4/21
uncle - 4/23
cousin - 4/24
brother n law - 4/25
great uncle - 4/26
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 01:00 PM

I personally would want my baby to have their own birthday. Unless of course, it's a tribute to a loved one that has passed away.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

at first i was like omg! my b-day, but now the 18th is fine. sooner for me the better, i'm sooo miserable.lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal211
I personally would want my baby to have their own birthday. Unless of course, it's a tribute to a loved one that has passed away.
I feel the exact same way.

Kristy, my next appointment (where we are praying the baby will be bigger and with a heartbeat) is on April 18th!!! Praying things go well for both of us!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Coincidentally, we have many birthdays the same in my family. I was born on Father's Day, my nephew was born on my birthday, my daughter was born 1 hour before our second wedding anniversary, etc. Another child was born on my brother's birthday. The only problem is that you have to share your special day. That makes it easier for the family though. Noone was induced or premature, by the way.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
I say let the baby have her own birthday, but only if your doctor feels it's safe. However, if you do decide to "pick" a day, go for April 23. Not only is it your uncle's birthday, but it's mine, too!

----------
Renée
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Premier Cat

Whatever date, it's very soon! You must be very anxious.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 02:10 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal211
That's almost exactly what I was going to say. I, too, knew that I was going to have a scheduled C-section by 38 weeks if complications and/or natural labor hadn't arose before then. I knew the kids would be born sometime in February as long as things went fine so hubby and I actually went through a list of family members and their birthdays and knew we wanted to stay away from certain days. The only thing we overlooked was the fact that hubby's father, who passed away when my husband was little, was born February 7th. As it turns out, our kids were born February 8th. I had a normally scheduled pregnancy checkup that day at which time it was discovered my blood pressure recently went through the roof and the doctor wanted to take the babies that night. Had we been thinking properly, we would have scheduled my appointment for the 7th and my hypertension probably would have been noticed then. Oh well, the kids do have their own birthday, though, except for the fact that they share one with each other. My husband joked with my doctor that he wanted him to wait until 11:59 p.m. on the 7th for the first baby and then 12:01 a.m. on the 8th for the second baby just so they would have their own birthdays. He was like "I don't think so! The surgical staff doesn't take too kindly to having to do routine surgeries in the middle of the night."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 10:57 AM

Hey Kristy, I want to see more pics of you and your beautiful belly before you have her!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Premier Cat

a la Demi Moore? Just kidding, of course. I'd love to see a picture too. I have always been overjoyed when I was pregnant, although I practically needed a tow truck to get me get up! And where did my feet go? I know they were there the last time I looked....

Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page