Iraq 2006 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Iraq 2006

Isn't Bush prescribed democracy great? A great example for others to follow....hmmmmm!! Mission Accomplished..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Cool Cat

You seem to imply their doom, but I believe they are going to have a chance for the better,

it wouldn't be easy, And when you say mission accomplished, yes it was, the civilians wern't bombed to smitthereens.

President Bush gets my support in making this world a better place.

I think time will tell a different story then the one the ilk in the media try to portray to run down our President.
post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Banned

What's your point, bijan? Or are you just venting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Cool Cat

More good news for Iraq, 2006:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190334,00.html
http://www.foxnews.com[/url]]More than 250,000 Iraqi Army and security forces have now been trained and equipped, which is 75% of the goal.

In addition, many of the provinces are now considered relatively safe and peaceful.

The Iraqis are taking the lead on many of the patrols across the country, and are finding and clearing roughly half of the IED's being placed.

They continue to find weapons caches and catch terrorists, in many cases with the help of Iraqi citizens.

And they've stepped up patrols along the border, targeting known points of entry,

stopping more unwanteds from getting in, which appears to have significantly reduced the number of suicide bombers.
The Iraq people are bravely standing up to the terrorist that threaten them everyday,

They deserve much more credit for their efforts,

these terrorist would be focusing their efforts on us if they had the chance,

but they don't have a chance,

thanks to many who will not let them.
post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

PRES. GEORGE W. BUSH: "My fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended." May 1st 2003

General Franks was ordered to prepare for withdrawl of American forces to levels under 30,000 by september of 2003.

I will not get into the lies, selective/exagerrated "intelligence" reporting or I should say Leakages told about Iraqi Nuclear capability or its possession of WMD to prepare the country for war in this round.

This admin had an Agenda to invade Iraq on January 20th 2001 and connecting Saddam to 9/11 by the Bush admin was a "great" opportunity to pursue their agenda. Over 80% of soldiers coming back from Iraq still believe we went to war with Iraq to retaliate for 9/11. Many Americans still think Saddam was behind 9/11.

Mr. Bush has been and still is helplessly clueless. This has resulted in over 100,000 Iraqi dead, 2400 Americans dead and hundreds of thousands injured and maimed permanently. There is much more anger and resentment towards the U.S., less cooperation amongst nations, more recruits for Al Qeada, more terrorist activity in the world and more sympathy for the fundamentalist cause. Throwing Gasoline on fire has never put one out I don't think.

Quoting Fox news regarding the realities of every day life in Iraq and the truth about how the war is going would be like quoting Fidel Castro to critique communism.....You get nothing but the Party line..

"It is unfortunate that we are in civil war. We are losing each day as an average 50 to 60 people throughout the country, if not more. If this is not civil war, then God knows what civil war is…We are in a terrible civil conflict now." Former U.S. backed prime miniter Allawi of Iraq. March 2006

Democracy has to flourish from within, no country can be bombed into democracy. Democracy can not be exported.
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Premier Cat

As horrible as everything that has happened is I support the actions of Bush and Blair and who ever else was involved.
People who are Anti this and Anti that would soon be singing a different tune if our leaders did nothing and we had another major terrorist attack.

Imagine if they did nothing and a plane was flew into British Sellafield? The world would be screwed.
(For those of you who don't know British Sellafield is one of the largest nuclear engineering centres in the world. It is also dumb enough to store waste above ground)
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

All right, so now we know your point. That's all hindsight and can't be undone, regardless of whether your analysis is correct or not. It's not very helpful. If you want to help, give the President and the country a viable alternative for where to go from here.
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
If we had all of the answers, we'd run for office. I see nothing wrong with saying there's has been a terrible outcome to our involvement in Iraq. My fields are English and music, but I can comment on our policies when I see that they have failed. I have been against this debacle since day one. I heard the double talk and recognized it as such. Have we learned nothing from Korea and Vietnam? "Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it."

What will we tell the families of our dead and wounded troops when we leave with our tails between our legs? That Bush had a secret plan? Nixon had one of those also. We should not have been there in the first place. Bravo to any statesmen who stand up and say so! And if citizens cannot stand up for their principles, then "Toto, we're not in Kansas any more."

To my dear friend and colleague, Zalensia. Every Muslim is not a terrorist. The people behind their cowardly and repulsive acts are not in any one country. It is not religion that is killing our allies. It's radical terrorists, and they are not centered in any one country. The war in Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, However, Bush has at least two excuses for it. Muslim radicals are probably in every country in the world.

That does not mean that I don't admire our most staunch and brave ally, Gt, Britain, for standing beside us, whenever needed. God Bless America and God Save the Queen. And Lord, give us wisdom, please!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Cool Cat

Al Qeada has been calling for a 'truce' because the President is well informed and our troops are doing a great job of defeating them,

no everything hasn't gone so well all the time,

there is many reasons' to grieve,

there is also reason to believe they have started thier journey to democracy.

Quote:
Mr. Bush has been and still is helplessly clueless.
That's President Bush, but now I see where your coming from,

don't fall for all that stuff political types try to push,

our troops would not follow a leader that is "helplessly clueless",

being they are the one's in the field doing the mission, they know what is going on first hand,

and they support their mission in Iraq, knowing what a 'big' service they are doing for the civilians over there.

Now Iraqis are going to be able to do the things freedom allows them to,

without having to be the favored few of a dictator.
post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Cat Daddy, I call him Bush. We are adults; there is no need to correct our use of titles, or lack thereof. We say Lincoln, Hoover, Kennedy, Roosevelt. Why would Bush be any different? If I were to meet him I would call him Mr. President to be courteous, but certainly not because I approve of him. What we call the president doesn't necessarily mean anything, since most Americans leave off the title and mention all of our presidents by their last names.

In addition, Bijan has as much right to express an opinion as you--without an insinuation that you can read policy by the lack of a title. You have inundated us with your support of Bush and the war. That makes you opinionated, not necessarily right. I am opinionated too. But I have to wait for the next election to change things--unless Bush is impeached and found guilty.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page