Vacation Ideas...Texas members or anyone - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Vacation Ideas...Texas members or anyone

Well, the week after next I am FINALLY getting a real vacation. It will be the first time I have had a whole week off since I started working a year and a half ago. I am a little bummed out though, because since we are only on my income, we can't afford to take a traditional vacation. I feel like kind of a brat for being upset that we can't go on a nice vacation...I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but it bugs me to hear about others at work getting to go skiing, to Hawaii, on cruises and all we get to do is drive a few hours and go camping.
Also, we were going to drive all the way to Arkansas, meet up with DH's friend and his wife and going canoeing and camping in the mountains. That fell through, because they can't or don't want to go and also the river is too low to go canoeing.
We are thinking of going camping for a few days up at Enchanted Rock (Hill country). But I'm not sure what we will do for the rest of the time. I'm nervous to leave the cats by themselves for more than 2 nights/3 days. I guess we could get a petsitter or have my brother come by if needed.
I just don't want to be sitting around in our apartment on our computers on our vacation....that's what we always do. (In fact, I asked my husband just now to go outside since it is so nice and he said "uh huh" and is still sitting at his laptop). Any suggestions for some low cost things we could do that would still be fun? We like the outdoors but two nights of camping will probably be enough for me anyway...who knows if I'll get any sleep out in the woods.
Oh yeah, we live in the Houston area.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Senior Cat

You know not is a good time of year to go to South Padre. Spring break is over and summer vaca hasn't hit yet so it won't be too crowded. You can get a hotel room on the seawall for like $70 a night. It's so nice there and you can get some of the best seafood (if you like that kind of thing) Plus that way you're not going too far that you spend all of your savings on gas or plane tickets.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 07:40 AM

Drive over to New Mexico!
You can go to Carlsbad Caverns or go to the White Sands Missle Range-Very cool, it looks like you are in 10ft of snow and it's in the 80s!
Lots of stuff right next door!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 09:27 AM

What about something like 6 Flags???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page