A Beautiful Mind - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 03:57 PM

A Beautiful Mind

So has anyone seen this movie? A friend of mine gave me her copy to watch and I'm wanting to know if I need tissues nearby and if it was any good.

Now don't go telling me the details but an idea as to what it's about would be okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 04:03 PM

I've seen it more than once, it's really a great movie. Russell is at his best in this movie. And I followed the storie so intense.It's kind of a love story, and also a story about conspiracy, and a story about what you can achieve with persistance.
It's not a real "tear jerker", but a some points it gets emotional.
Be sure that you're not disturbed during the film and don't press the pause button . The film works best when you see it in one go.

Please let me know what you think of it, some of my friends didn't like the film (they have no taste )
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Premier Cat

It's a very good movie, but disturbing. Russell Crowe's character suffers from schizophrenia, and there are some upsetting parts. But it is a great story of love, brilliance, despair and triumph.

I have seen it several times, and it is worth seeing more than once. You will pick up things in subsequent viewings that you missed the first time.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Premier Cat

It has been a while since I saw it, but as I recall it is very much worth watching. I don't remember it being sad. As Ann said, Russell Crowe is outstanding in this movie.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
It's an excellent movie. Despair, triumph, tears and smiles.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 05:05 PM

If you are the tearful type, you may shed a few. Very powerful story! And don't let anyone tell you too much about the story.. there are some things you won't necessarily see coming.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 05:38 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I knew that the main character had some type of mental illness but I wasn't sure which one. I plan on watching it either tonight after church or one night this week. I may have to wait till next Saturday. I don't want to have to stop in the middle of it and start again later.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Tom Cat

The main character has a schizoaffective disorder. The movie's entertaining, but it's good to keep in mind that its creators used a great deal of dramatic license. Major (and extremely relevant) aspects of the man's life were disregarded, and the film sometimes has a "cutesy" feel to it.

Lori F. is owned by:
Sadie, the four-legged dog
Martin, the three-legged cat
Paul, the two-legged husband
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 08:28 PM

And believe it or not Russel Crowe looks that scruffy in real life...i saw him in beverly hills about a month back...talk about a 'Do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page