I'm so proud of myself!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

I'm so proud of myself!!!!

So, I'm getting ready to put my house on the market to sell. I've been putting off a few things that need to be fixed for the last few years-I'll never put stuff off again, it's so stupid to fix it for someone else to enjoy!

Anyways, a few years ago I had to have one of the valves in my shower replaced and to get to it they had to cut into the back of a closet. For some reason plumbers don't seem to be very concerned about the size and shape of the hole they leave behind! So, I had a big gaping hole about 25X25 that needed to be fixed.
I went down to home depot and the guys told me what to get and how to do it, so I fixed the hole all by myself! I cut out the dry wall, got it in place, did the joint compound and got it all painted! It looks great! If you look closely, you can tell but it's in a closet and not really noticable so I'm happy!

Secondly, I have 4 sliding glass doors in my sunroom. I use one all the time to let the dogs in and out, so needless to say those wheels were going bad. The door has been very hard to open and shut for about the last 5 months. You really had to lift up on the door to move it since the wheels were no longer working
I tried in vain for a few months having friends over and trying to lift it over the track, but we couldn't get it to clear and you couldn't get a knife or anything under it to lift the wheels-not sure if that would have worked anyways. So this weekend I looked online to see if anyone had any tricks and found a site that said if the stationary door was to the outside of the sliding door, then the easiest way is to remove the stationary door.
They gave some basics of how to do it. So I tried it, not really thinking it would work. I didn't have anyone with me to help so when I actually managed to get the stationary door to move away from the wall I didn't want to stop! Unbelievably I managed to get both doors out and back in (which took several times since I wasn't really sure how to put it all together!) without breaking either of them! Granted about the 5th or 6th time of lifting the doors I really started to notice how HEAVY they are
Now I again have a door that I can move back and forth with a finger or 2!!!!! It is all nice and properly balanced and leveled and all that good stuff also!

Now I just have a small hole in the pipe going up to the anti-syphon valve in my sprinkler system to fix A couple guys I work with gave me some ideas on how to fix it, I just need to decide if I want to do it correctly which involves cutting the pipe, getting something to thread some pipes, getting a coupler and putting it all back together. OR just patching it?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I can't help with that, but it sounds as if you're doing very well by yourself. Good luck selling your house!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Cool Cat

Hi five ya! What a feeling of satisfaction, good job. Hope your home sells quickly.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Cool Cat

Re: I'm so proud of myself!!!!

well good for you for getting things fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer2
Now I just have a small hole in the pipe going up to the anti-syphon valve in my sprinkler system to fix A couple guys I work with gave me some ideas on how to fix it, I just need to decide if I want to do it correctly which involves cutting the pipe, getting something to thread some pipes, getting a coupler and putting it all back together. OR just patching it?????
Is this valve thing inside or outside? I think you should fix it correctly. I wonder if you patched it and the new owner has water damage/problems because of it down the road, and they find out it was something you knew about but did not disclose, if you might be held liable. I am not sure but something to check into I would think - or just fix.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

No it's outside.
Basically it's like having a small hole in a hose. It all still works, but you just get some water spraying out of the hole also. The lawn right next to the hole is REALLY well watered!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page