Ants-how to get rid of them!
I've got some ant mounds at the base of my house that I'd like to get rid of. Everything I've tried so far really doesn't work.
I went out and got diatomaceous earth since I've heard that is supposed to work well plus it's not a poison it kills mechanically. It doesn't really seem to be working. If I cover 1 mound, a new one pops up next to it. I was hoping they'd bring it back down in the nest and everyone would feast and that would be it. They are avoiding it, but not really eating it.......Its only been there for about 3 days, but I thought any ants that ate it or came into contact with it would die within 48hrs?
Maybe mix it with some sugar as an attractant? Any ideas? Obviously I need stuff that is pet friendly so nothing toxic.
FWIW, they seem to be just your average little ants. Not carpenter and not fire ants.