What would you do? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to ericalynn429
What would you do?

Okay my best friend Jen has been going through alot of things.

2 months ago, she was forced to either 1. get rid of her dog or 2. Get evicted. She decided neither, so she found a foster home. I wanted to take her dog for her, but my home isnt big enough for a gigantic dog like hers, plus i have my little baby to worry about. Though i did ask everyone i knew, and no one could help her.

Well, she got a 2nd job so she could get more money to move into an apartment that allowes pets. (Just temporary so she could save to get 3 months worth of rent and security deposite saved. So she could have some money saved and not be worried, which was a good play on her part to me).

Well, about a month into having her dog in foster home, she contacted the lady and said that it looks like its going to take her longer to find a place to move and save up money. The foster said shed be willing to adopt her dog as she has fallen in love with it. She didnt really think about it and rather than ask the lady if she could foster for a cupple more months (she felt bad for asking i guess) she agreed.

Now she has enough money, and is missing her dog terribly. She has had it since it was born and theyve been through everything together. She just got an email by the foster asking her to write a note that says the dog is hers and stuff like that, so she can take it to the vet. She did.

She wants to ask for the dog back, but shes a moral person who could never do that to the lady. She knows how heartbreaking it was to give the dog up and she knows that the lady loves the dog. But she cries everyday about her dog, and i dont know what to tell her. Shes stuck, and it really sucks.

So, If this was you what would you do? I dont know what to tell her and saying "Oh well, or you shouldnt have agreed" doesnt ease the pain.

<3 Life Isnt about finding Perfection<3 Its about taking what you have and making it perfect <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:41 AM

It is a tough situation...your friend did agree, so it is the other lady's dog now i guess. I'm not saying "well she asked for it", just that she did decide to do that. Could she ask the lady for her dog back, and see if she will do it?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Cat

She could. Ive told her that she should talk to her and see what she would say.She doesnt like to bring pain to people. Shes just one of those all around good people. She tries to avoid conflict. Shes afraid to ask.

I did suggest for her to put in the note/contract that if for any reason she was unable to care for the dog anymore that the dog be returened to her and that she would pay back any expenses they came across. But it seems very unlikely thats going to happen. I know shes going to be at her email every day hoping that a small bit of bad luck comes their way and Buddy is returned to her.

She is going next week to give the foster Buds paper work. Shes asked me to do it, because its to heartbreaking for her to see "her" dog and not be able to take him home and love him. They also renamed Buddy to Scout, which also made her cry. It was like them deff claiming him by doing that, and it hurt her.

As im writing this, im holding my baby, i feel horrible. I dont know what i would do!

<3 Life Isnt about finding Perfection<3 Its about taking what you have and making it perfect <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:03 AM

If I were your friend, I would try to think: will I get over this, or will it always be this painful? If it's the later, I would explain to the foster lady that I think I made a mistake...I didn't realize how painful it would be to lose my dog.

Your friend has had her dog for years, and ever since it was a puppy. I think that dog is a much bigger and more permanant peice of your friend's life than of the foster lady's life. I think your friend should explain just how hard this is on her, and hopefully the foster lady is a good person and would realize that it would hurt her less to lost the dog than it would hurt your friend.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paw Prints
If I were your friend, I would try to think: will I get over this, or will it always be this painful? If it's the later, I would explain to the foster lady that I think I made a mistake...I didn't realize how painful it would be to lose my dog.

Your friend has had her dog for years, and ever since it was a puppy. I think that dog is a much bigger and more permanant peice of your friend's life than of the foster lady's life. I think your friend should explain just how hard this is on her, and hopefully the foster lady is a good person and would realize that it would hurt her less to lost the dog than it would hurt your friend.
Agreed!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 03:53 AM
Premier Cat

Agreed too.

Victoria
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:34 AM

It can't hurt to ask for the dog back, the worst they can say is no and she's back where she is now.
I'd explain that she understands they love the dog, but so does she. They fell in love after a month, and it will hurt to let him go. BUT, she's had the dog since puppyhood, imagine that feeling.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer2
They fell in love after a month, and it will hurt to let him go. BUT, she's had the dog since puppyhood, imagine that feeling.

Yeah, that's the biggest issue for me in this situation.

I hope your friend gets her dog back.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Cat

aaaaa

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Well, I talked to the lady myself and explained that she wasnt comfortable asking and didnt want to put any hurt on her and the lady understood totally and buddy is now at home.

After a day full of a million thanks and hugs and tears, buds now with his mom!

I explained to her what you guys said, she was her dog longer and theyve been trhough alot. I think thats what put her towards to ask rather than let it be...Thanks for the advise

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page