Silent Hill - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Silent Hill

I am a MAJOR fan of the Silent hill games, and am VEEEERY excited about the movie coming out. Apparently Silent Hill came out yesterday in America, but when to we get it in Australia? AUGUST!!!! I am going insane!!!!!

I am crossing my fingers that the movie turned out ok, because the games where remarkable and now that there is a movie out it is representing silent hill to a wider audience. If its represented in a very un-silent hill way people will get the wrong idea about it and just arrrggh, very nervous time for a silent hill fan.

Well anihoo, im really anxious to find out what people think of it, so if anyone has seen it id love to hear your thoughts, Oh but no spoilers please

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Senior Cat

I have one word for ya... Bearshare
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Cool Cat

Hello, Krystle! I first saw the trailer for "Silent Hill" on IMDB.com, and liked the premise of the story. For this reason, I've eagerly awaited the release of the movie. However, I had NO IDEA that the film is based on a game! As a literature major and teacher, I am often flabergasted by individuals who say things like, "Oh, that movie is based on a book?" Or, "Did you know they also made Lord of the Rings into a book trilogy?" So, I felt new humility when I found out that I was clueless about the origin of the idea for this film. When I make it to the theatre to see the flick, I'll let you know what I think (without including spoilers, of course!).

Until then...happy waiting Down Under!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:49 PM

Erik and I rented the game a few years back, and from what I've seen of the previews it looks like they matched the look of the game completely. I'm excited to see it, I hope they did good!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:01 AM

A good friend of mine, Jackie, played the voice of Laura in that game.
I really like those games too, but they scared the livin cripes outta me
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko55
A good friend of mine, Jackie, played the voice of Laura in that game.
I really like those games too, but they scared the livin cripes outta me
Oh my gosh realy?! As in Laura the little kid?

Wow thats so awesome

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakitty23
Hello, Krystle! I first saw the trailer for "Silent Hill" on IMDB.com, and liked the premise of the story. For this reason, I've eagerly awaited the release of the movie. However, I had NO IDEA that the film is based on a game! As a literature major and teacher, I am often flabergasted by individuals who say things like, "Oh, that movie is based on a book?" Or, "Did you know they also made Lord of the Rings into a book trilogy?" So, I felt new humility when I found out that I was clueless about the origin of the idea for this film. When I make it to the theatre to see the flick, I'll let you know what I think (without including spoilers, of course!).

Until then...happy waiting Down Under!
I was exactly the same way with the "Resident Evil" movies. I went to see them because I'm a huge fan of Milla Jovovich. I didn't find out until later that they were based entirely on a video game.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Premier Cat

Did you like the Resident Evil movies, Mike? I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, the second wasn't bad for a sequel. I knew it was a video game from my husband, as he had played the game in the past.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Did you like the Resident Evil movies, Mike? I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, the second wasn't bad for a sequel. I knew it was a video game from my husband, as he had played the game in the past.
I went into them thinking I wouldn't like them but they weren't bad. I didn't LOVE them, but they weren't a waste of money to rent.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
I feel exactly the same way that you do Lori. I thought that the first one was awesome...but then, when you get Milla Jovovich, Colin Salmon and Michelle Rodriguez together in one movie, it's got to be good. Well ok, it doesn't "got" to be, just I think all three of them are great.

The second one wasn't bad at all. I don't have a lot of patience with movies, and if I don't like it, I will turn it off if I'm home, or walk out of a theater. I completely watched them, so I must have liked them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page