Ahhh, spring! How are you enjoying it? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Ahhh, spring! How are you enjoying it?

Even though it was really too chilly today, I dug out and wore my favorite flip flops. It felt so nice to shed the socks and closed shoes of winter.

So, those of you who are enjoying the warm weather again...what says spring to you? What do you do this time of year that you haven't been able to do all winter?

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 10:49 AM

Rollerblading!!! I go down to a local park and rollerblade my heart out, lol. That's the only real way I get to enjoy spring....that's always a school quarter, like it is now...and I'm soooo busy. So the only time I see the light of day is when I go out and rollerblade.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 11:17 AM

It means that I get to take Charlie (macaw) outside again. He loves it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Cool Cat

Shopping for the latest spring shoes of course!

Shari
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
I love the fact that whenever I get up stupidly early when working on an early shift that it's actually light and it's still light when I get home Seems so simple, but makes such a difference.

I also like that if it rains, it doesn't rain for long, then the sun is back out again
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylansMummy
I love the fact that whenever I get up stupidly early when working on an early shift that it's actually light and it's still light when I get home Seems so simple, but makes such a difference.

I also like that if it rains, it doesn't rain for long, then the sun is back out again
Why does raining in another country always sound more romantic than raining in stinky New Jersey??

Scotland I'll get there someday.

Shari
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylansMummy

Why does raining in another country always sound more romantic than raining in stinky New Jersey??

Scotland I'll get there someday.
LOL Trust me, it's not all it seems... When it rains, it's dark and it chucks it down

I am originally from Kent in SE England, and much prefered the rain there. It was warmer and there were some terrific thunderstorms in the Summer! My Dad built a little lean to shelter many years ago on the back of the house and we would sit under it and watch the thunderstorm over the huge park that our garden led out to
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Cool Cat

Now that it's spring-time, the pollen has covered everything here in the South! I've had allergy probs. for the past 3 weeks. Luckily, we got rain last weekend and last night to wash some of the yellow away.

It is nice to see all of the different colors of nature again, though. The greens of the trees are so vibrant, and all of the wildflowers make for a much more enjoyable drive around town.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakitty23
It is nice to see all of the different colors of nature again, though. The greens of the trees are so vibrant, and all of the wildflowers make for a much more enjoyable drive around town.
I agree. I am enjoying the early spring by hiking and watching the trees start to blossom. The bright greens of fresh foliage is wonderful to photograph.

It has been unseasonably warm as of late. Earlier on in the week, it was mid 70s (about 24C) which is not common for mid-April in NE Ohio. It is still right around 70F/21C here as of this posting. We were supposed to have rain all day but it became sunny around 1pm. I even got out my bathing suit, put it on, and went to lay in the fields at a local park. The ground was still a bit chilly and damp so I was not out for more than 30 minutes. But it was still nice to be able to lay in the sun as early as April.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:51 PM

I've started running outside! It's SO good to not have to go to the gym anymore, I detest the gym! I'm training this summer to run a half marathon in the fall, as well as a 5km run for breast cancer. I even ran in the rain today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page