anyone buy a new manufactured home? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
anyone buy a new manufactured home?

I'm still trying to move out on my own... and still too stubborn to pay rent. I've had a few estimates on how much I can afford as far as buying my first house... and its not much at all. Anyway - I've decided my next step is possibly going to be going the manufactured home direction. I'm not talking "trailer park" but more finding an acre or so of land to have a house put on. I've been looking at floorplans of a few local builders and some of them are actually quite nice (ok, so I fell in love with one...)

At some point, I really do plan on going to a retailer and asking all sorts of questions, but in the mean time I'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice.

My main concerns... I know the prices are a lot lower than actual homes. BUT - what does the price include? I know you've got to have land... do most retailers help you find somewhere? About how much (and how difficult) would it be to hook up utilities to this land? Do they help you out with all of that or are would I have to figure it out on my own?

basically, I'm wondering if its still a lot cheaper to go this route than to find a tiny and probably much older home instead.

Anyone?

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 06:02 PM

It depends if you have the utilities in the streets or not. Also whether or not you put it on a poured foundation or cinder block. In my area it's still cheaper to purchase a manufactured home but I won't count on that lasting much longer.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 06:37 PM

I'm not sure about pricing...but that's the route my parents went in a new development, and it's still a wonderful place to live. That's what I'm hoping to do in a few years when Erik's out of the Army and we're ready to get a home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page