NHS "best year ever" - what do you think? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
NHS "best year ever" - what do you think?

As some of you in the UK may have seen () the government is claiming that the NHS is as best as it has been for years and all that, yet nurses in England and Wales have been laid off (7,000 announced in recent weeks) and a jobs freeze put in place over a lot of the country.

As many of you know, I qualify as a nurse this year. I live in Scotland, which has not really been mentioned in the media, however the hospital I work in has already said that there will be no jobs for nurses in the medical sector and surgical isn't exactly looking too hot either!

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were about this. Obviously I am biased, and I thought it was fabulous when the health secretary was booed at a recent UNISON conference and again today at a meeting with RCN members.

Has the NHS had it's best year ever? Do you have any experiences with the NHS to prove or disprove this theory?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 06:25 PM

I think that alot of people will suffer with these job cuts my dad was in hospital recently he said it was terrible it wasnt clean and the nuses were the ones having to do the cleaning i am sure thats not really what you trained for!!!!!! nurses are rushed of there feet as it is and in my dad's opinion had very little time to spare for him... it will only be worse with the job cuts it will not improve the standard of care
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 06:59 PM

I know here in the US, at least my area, has a huge shortage of nurses. They are offering all sorts of perks from signing bonuses to paying off student loans trying to attract nurses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page