Can you belive that... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
Can you belive that...

Im aboriginal!

People find that extremely hard to belive since im so pale with such light hair but yes it is true. I can even get money from the government for stealing our land and killing our people and what not.

A relative traced down our family tree, apparently either my Dads grandmother or great grandmother was aboriginal. As well as that on my Mums side i am related to Chopper Reed (but you probably wouldnt know who that is)

Hey actually coming to think of it, why dont we make this a sorta game thing... the 'can you belive that...' game. And you can state any sort of interesting fact.

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 03:46 AM

Re: Can you belive that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyness
Im aboriginal!
Cool, so who is Chopper Reed?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Re: Can you belive that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyness
Im aboriginal!
Cool, so who is Chopper Reed?
He's a very well known ex criminal in Australia. There's been a movie made about him and books etc. He's in an add on tv at the moment describing what'll happen to you if you abuse women (which i think is a fantastic add) He used to be a real nasty mega criminal but now he's all good and Australia loves him

Here's some info i got

Mark "Chopper" Read, a legendary criminal who wrote his autobiography while serving a murder sentence in prison

http://au.movies.yahoo.com/Chopper/movie/3616

Well anyhow he's like my Uncle i suppose (My Grandmothers, Sisters Son i think)

We dont have any contact with him or anything but yah know.

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I can even get money from the government for stealing our land and killing our people and what not.
Ahh...yess...i am aboriginal also and you cant tell with me either...but you would not be proud of it if you lived where i lived...and not being able to pay taxes and whatnot is nothing to be proud of...The debt was paid back already and the less you pay the more people who you love who arent aboriginal have to pay...just because you get discounts and pay no taxes doesnt mean that there are no repercussions. for every tax dollar that is not paid by the natives...someone else has to pay it...and then all kinds of taxes go up.

what happened to the native people was a war, plain and simple...nothing but a war and a grab for land..you dont see the american citizens getting paid back for losing people in 9/11...i mean sure they are killing iraqi's...but im sure there were british killed in the land grab between the native americans and the british.

i am not saying this to come down on you...i am saying this because like me, you were probably dazzled by it all...and i feel saddened by how the system gets used because in the end it always costs the ones you love.

If you have a heart for the poor people of the world...just realize, not paying your taxes comes down on them the hardest...its always the poor who will lose, never the rich. And where i live, i have seen elderly be put on the street because they could not afford it.

sure you dont HAVE to pay your taxes...sure you can GET money...but do you really want to? knowing that every dime you save or every dime you get...gets taken from the pocket of someone who really needs it?

PLUS....did you know.. that long before Australia was colonized by the british, they would send people there instead of to jail, to allow them to run free, completly alone and have to figure things out for themselves. alot of the colonization of Australia was done by criminals who had no other means of survival...it was not the all out war alot of people presume
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Of coarse im gonna pay my taxes silly I just think its pretty funny that i am able to get money from the government even though i look far from aboriginal. I wouldnt actually get the government to pay me because i agree with you, it could be spent on something much more important.

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:38 PM

Surely you can't trust a government to put it where it's most needed, do you? I'd take it and donate it to all my favorite charities.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

That is a reasonable idea also, argh i dunno!

Sincerely, Krystle.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Well, more money is always good.

I had a friend in high school who had paper-white skin, but she still got the money because she was an American Indian. The money helps her incredibly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page