Spring cleaning and bowling for kitties - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Spring cleaning and bowling for kitties

I took vacation this week to really give the place a going over, get the yard in shape, and just hang out with the cats and watch a few sunsets. Well, part of my indoor winter projects was putting in a "real" dishwasher, replacing the portable one that I have.

Today I got rid of a bunch of stuff in the walkin closet, and decided to put the old portable dishwasher in there, just in case the new one decided to break down (which they WILL do) In this case, portable just means "not attached to the house", because it weighs nearly 40 pounds. As I set it down in the closet and pushed it toward the wall, I hear the screeching, squawling sound of a smooshed cat.

I snatched the dishwasher up off the floor, pulling a muscle in my back in the process, and the first thing that I noticed was....there was no cat there. Then, standing up, I wacked my head on the overhead shelf in the closet and knocked myself about half silly....which in turn, bumped the motorcycle helmet off the shelf, which landed right on the thumb of my right hand, which was still holding the dishwasher.....then it went bouncing out the closet door, bowling for kitties.....who instantly scattered to the four winds.

Long story short...the sound that I heard was the rubber legs of the dishwasher squeaking on the vinyl flooring. I know because I did it again when I was trying to put it back....only this time I didn't panic.

I'm sitting down having a cup of tea, I'll work on the house project more tonight....maybe tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 01:15 PM

Aww...hahaha....sounds like you had a bit of an experience...i wouldve been cursing to high heaven...followed by a soundly anxiety attack
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 03:03 PM

BTW...how's Trace doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 03:42 PM

lol, sounds like something I'd do!

I would have had a heart attack hearing that noise, but I'm glad all the kitties are alright. Hope your head/back/thumb feels better!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by murried2

BTW...how's Trace doing?
My lil' boy Trace is doing incredibly well. I'm happy to report that his shelter card, that said he didn't seem to do well with other cats, was very incorrect. To be fair, he WAS a pretty difficult introduction, he seemed to be aware that the missing leg was a disadvantage, so he played it slow and safe. Now, he races, he wrestles, he cleans ears, and he even conquered the top of the cat tree, once he figured out that 3 legged climbing thing.

"Top of the World!!"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 PM

Aww, go Trace!!

Trixie (our three-legged monster) got to the top of our floor-to-ceiling post, too -- I was so proud!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page