Fundraising Rant - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Fundraising Rant

I am participating again this year in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica. I started early asking for sponsors/donations. I have been in good contact with a couple of employers I had back in college. I sent them a formal self written e-mail asking them to sponsor me. I have a webpage online through the march of dimes where people can sponsor me over the internet.

One of my potential sponsors had apparently donated right away. It showed up on my screen but he chose the "pay with check" option so until I actually receive the check it doesn't count. Well this was a month ago and I sent him a reminder 2 weeks ago and he said it would be in the mail the next day. Needless to say 2 weeks later and with the walk being this Saturday I haven't received it yet.

The other is a woman I did an internship with and she said she would sponsor me when it gets closer. Well I sent her a reminder last week. Still nothing.

I volunteer at the hospital and hit up the director of the department I work in. He said he would sponsor me online. Nothing yet. Not to mention he told me to send a mass email to the rest of the community health improvement department which then I got barked at for because it is apparently against their policy. I was unware of it as a volunteer and instead of getting an email saying something like "oh it's great you are trying to raise money for a good cause but unfortunately asking for money isn't against our policy" I got a very curt and blunt email. Needless to say no one sponsored me who received the email.

There is a woman at work who said she would sponsor me but still hasn't and she keeps going around telling everyone how she always gives to charity.

ugh....I am getting so frustrated! At this point I probably should just let it go. I don't want to send any more emails and annoy people. I make diddly squat and I still threw in $20. The people I asked are making 2-4X more than me in pay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Actually my MIL makes $100,000 a year but pay $40,000 a year on Taxes. Bush's tax cuts actually don't benefit people making more than $100,000 a year that much.

They also have five college-age kids ($20,000 a year because the government doesn't give aids to children whose parents make over $10,000 a year), so they are actually pretty broke.

Just because someone makes a lot of money doesn't necessarily mean they have money to spare.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:12 PM

That's really bad, in my opinion. I understand some people don't have the money to spare -- but lord, don't say you will and then stiff you on it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

I am sure that $5 that gets stuff in a vending machine could be better spent. I barely make ends meet but can always set aside a few dollars for a good cause. I had someone donate $1. That is fine with me!!

The thing that does bother me the most, like Crystal said, is that they said they would and it appears they won't be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page