Getting a hobby... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Getting a hobby...

What with a full 3 years of Uni behind me soon I thought it was about time that I got a hobby!

I was talking to a friend who is on a first aid course today, and he mentioned they were practising on each other, which reminded me of a little job I had as a teenager - I was a "fake" casualty for first aid exams! (I was a member fo St John Ambulance as a teen lol)

I really enjoyed it back then and I started looking into proper organisations and found the Scottish Casualty Simulation Network... So I applied!!

The next training is in July I think, so I hope they contact me saying they have space

Yay for new hobbies, new friends, and a new life!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:28 AM

Ooh, fun! I love trying new things. Let us know how it goes.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 AM

You know, we had a first aid course back in Slovakia. I really wanted to be part of it, cuz they had all these neat things to play with and they were learning about plants and such. Too bad the sight of blood makes me faint...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Cat Addict

That is so great to hear, good and hooray for you ...everybody need a hobby, hobbies are fun.

Just in the last few months (since I bought the Nikon), I have discovered that I really, really enjoy photographing wildlife. It serves NO useful purpose, other than getting me outside and on long walks, but its LOTS of fun

Heres a few of them
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePageKY
That is so great to hear, good and hooray for you ...everybody need a hobby, hobbies are fun.

Just in the last few months (since I bought the Nikon), I have discovered that I really, really enjoy photographing wildlife. It serves NO useful purpose, other than getting me outside and on long walks, but its LOTS of fun

Heres a few of them
Great pictures! I love the one of the turtle. I also love photographing nature -- and that led to going to a nearby pond and feeding ducks. It's awesome where your hobbies can take you...and how you can develop new hobbies off of others.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I love new hobbies!!!

Cats, however, will always be my greatest hobby.

I just found out I liked hiking yesterday. All my muscles hurt today....but definitely worth it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page