need wedding planning help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

need wedding planning help

I am the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding next August. I am trying to help her plan things. I don't want her to spend tooo much money and am trying to find the cheapest way to do things but still be nice.

She wants to have personalized cds and fancy chocolates as wedding favors. She will be having upwards of 200 guests and her colors are champagne and jade green.

For the cd she wants to have the wedding song and other songs that mean something to her and the fiancee. I found a website that seems good as far as ordering something like this. I think it would be too much work for her/him/me to make them. Let me know if you think this is legit and if it seems like a good deal.

http://www.weddingreports.com/servicede ... rigin/list

I think just the paper sleeved version would be good and could be tied with a jade green colored ribbon.

She wanted to have Lake Champlain chocolates as wedding favors but they are sooooo expensive.

I found a pretty good deal on Lindt Truffle balls which she equally loves. I was thinking she could buy a large bulk amount of the mint balls (which are in a green wrapper and could double as after dinner mints), wrap 3-4 up in some clear cellophane wrap and tie with a champagne colored ribbon.

the reception will be inside but I am still a little afraid of thechocolates melting......

any other cheap/easy wedding favor ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I found a pretty good deal on Lindt Truffle balls which she equally loves. I was thinking she could buy a large bulk amount of the mint balls (which are in a green wrapper and could double as after dinner mints), wrap 3-4 up in some clear cellophane wrap and tie with a champagne colored ribbon.
I had lindt truffle balls at my wedding. i had 3 in each packet, one original, onyogurt and one mint...i wrapped it in tulle and had gold and red ribbons with little silver pendants strung on that said "Thank You"

they were fine indoors...but they melted the second they came in contact with the sun...so keep them in a darker area. they were a huge hit...and secret...but you can get them bulk at some grocery stores.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Mother's Day will come and go. I bet all the Mother's Day chocolates will be 75% off.

For me every single holiday I celebrate the 75% off sale instead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Senior Cat

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:31 PM

I think those CDs are okay for the price -- they seem very nice.

I like your idea for the chocolates -- I've also seen nice little boxes for favors on wedding sites...if you do a search for "wedding favor boxes" on google you'll get PLENTY...there's many to choose from, and from what I've seen they're not expensive at all. I'd also look at your local craft store, they normally have wedding stuff -- and in the spring a lot of stuff goes on sale because of wedding season. Ask the staff there because they'll have a pretty good idea.

As far as favors go, though, look at wedding sites and wedding magazines -- even if you don't want to purchase them through there, they have lots of ideas you can copy and customize to meet your needs.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Cat Addict

Seconding the comment on the truffles melting... Lindt will melt even at slightly-warm room temperature. If I keep those chocolates in our computer room, they melt from just the heat generated by the computers. It's wicked.

You could wrap them in little shiny plastic baggies and put them in votive cups of ice...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I keep my Lindt in the freezer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page