pukey kitty and dry food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

pukey kitty and dry food

I have a cat who is about seven years old. He has always ate dry food but a couple of years ago he started puking after meals and at night while we are sleeping. I was wondering if going raw would be the best bet. I'm just not sure what to feed and how often. If someone has some advice send it my way. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Tom Cat

In my opinion cats are not designed to eat dry food. And will always have trouble processing it. Now raw is what they are design to handle. So I would say raw is the best. But I would encourage you to do some research and decide for yourself whether or not if raw is the best.

Here are a couple of sites about raw
www.catnutrition.org
www.catinfo.org

There are a lot of sites and information that praise raw and there are many that discourage it (also most vets are against it but thats another story). So when you do your research look at both arguments decide on what makes sense to you. Then you will know if it is the best or not.

Also a lot of good info on this site about raw. Just use the search.

This is something to think about
I, vets, and pet food companies all say this "Diet is the foundation for a healthy pet" If that is true then why are so many cats having problems(UTI/Blockages, IBD, obesity etc) these days.

Cats should be fed no less than twice a day. They have a fast digestion system which is no more than 12 hours, ours is 36 hours.

Good luck
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks for the guidance. My boyfriend's mom has German Shepherds and feed nothing but raw for the most part and her dogs are healthy and happy. Thats where I got the idea for this, I figured if it works for them it must surely work for my cat.

Thanks for the websites they are a lot of help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Tom Cat

A cats body is defiantly designed for raw meat. No cooked mice in the wild. And if you didn't know this cats are obligate carnivores which means they must have meat in their diet.
Most of us use the recipes listed on those two sites. I also listed a recipe on here about feeding whole food.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page