Seawead - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Seawead

I found it funny when I first learned one of my cat loves my seawead snack. You guys might not heard about it, its a snack that probably only exist in Asian countries(of course now you can buy them from Asian markets), I perticularly love the one from Japan, and one day my cat was nearly 'robbed' it from my mouth, literally, I put half into my mouth already, and he chewed down the other half that was still outside. And I thought it's funny how he would love seawead.

Now I read about making raw cat food which will add 'kelp', then I know maybe it wasn't that funny, cuz they DO eat it

I am thinking about making raw food for them, but I don't know if they would eat it they are 7 years old already, have been eaten commercial cat food, dried and canned.
Has anyone actually have switched to raw food for adult cats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Sol
Cool Cat

I've switched two adults and one kitten from dry to raw. There were no problems with the kitten and then youngest adult, but it was really hard with the oldest one (she was 4 years old). It tool me a little bit longer than a month to switch her from dry to raw. She was a true dry food addict.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

So did you do it slowly like mix with some dried food or canned food along with the raw food?

I am thinking about cook it a little bit first, and slowly turn into total raw, don't know if it's gonna help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Sol
Cool Cat

I served them raw food, they ate (except from Geisha) so I continued feeding raw and there were no problems with the tummies. With Geisha I gradually reduced her daily portion of the old food and served raw four times a day, if she didn't eat I just put the food in the fridge. She slowly started to accept the raw and now she's crazy about it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Cat

Cat_Valet , my cat LOVES Seaweed Rice Crackers. He goes crazy when he sees me open a packet!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Petguard canned food has seaweed as one of its major ingredients.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Cat

Re: Seawead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Valet
I found it funny when I first learned one of my cat loves my seawead snack. You guys might not heard about it, its a snack that probably only exist in Asian countries(of course now you can buy them from Asian markets), I perticularly love the one from Japan,
That's nori.

Anybody who's had sushi knows what it is... that dark green papery stuff that's wrapped around roll sushi (makizushi).

All of the cats I've had in Japan love it! It's almost as fun as giving a dog peanut butter... the nori sticks to the cat's lips, and they look really funny when they're eating it!
I try not to laugh too loudly, though... they hate that!

The kelp in canned food is probably in the form of carageenan... (you'll see it on the list of ingredients in chocolate milk, too) ... it's added to act as an emulsifier... a binder or stabilizer, and sometimes to add texture to the food... not necessarily because it's nutritious... but it's harmless, and can be nutritious, so...

If there's an Asian market nearby, pick up some nori for yourself and your cats!

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page