Cat Forum banner

2 little babies...

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  fourisbest 
#1 ·
On the 9th of this month I was at my mom and dads house, we were having a birthday cookout for me, and just hanging out. My sisters cell phone rings, and her friend asks her if she wants 3 little kitties, that SOMETHING happened to the mother, I have no idea still what happened to the mother, and the catch is... they will need to be bottle fed!! And her neighbor is the one who has them. Well my sister has 3 LARGE dogs, and 3 SMALL kids, she has no time to bottle feed 3 kittens... so she looked at me, I couldnt let them die. I later found out this lady has had them since the 5th, and has not fed them, not even tried, thats 5 days!! But she was weary of ME, and who I was, and if I would take care of them PROPERLY, and not kill them!!! From the size of them, they were maybe 2 weeks old, I took them home, after stopping to get some milk substitute, and a dropper for them. I unclip the top of one of the pet carriers so that I may only have to pick up the lid, and have easy access to them, and rig up one of them bendy lamps up so the heat from the bulbs are shining in so they stay warm. The first night I woke up every 3 hrs to feed them, I didnt get much sleep!! The nextday I come home on lunch from work to feed them, and sadly the one I was worried about passed away :( I was so sad. That day I got with a friend of mine who is affliated with the local shelter and rescue. She finds a nursing mother in the litterally hundreds of cats/kittens they have and we pray she will accept them.... SHE DID!!! I am SO HAPPY, and I cant wait to have them back when they are weaned and fat, and happy. :) They are too cute, and talked Taylor into keeping at least on of them. A cute little gray/black tabby bob tail. Any suggestions for names? I just wanted to share my eventful few days.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm so pleased that you saved those two little lives. Now that they have a surrogate mother, it's even better. Why your sister's friend did not feed them is beyond my understanding. :( I don't know how they lived that long. It seems impossible.

I'll think about names, and perhaps have some ideas for tomorrow. They are miracle kitties, if that's a help!

#5 ·
I am excited to get them back, and cant wait to have kittens in the house again, it has been too long since I have had little fur balls to scratch my toes, and climb my curtains!
As soon as I get pictures I will post them! I REALLY want to keep both of them, their little lives started out so rough, I want to make sure they have it easy for the rest of it. Any ideas on how I can talk my fiancee into keeping them... let me know. We already have four... whats two more right!? Wish me luck, and I'll keep you posted.
Oh and about the names... I am unsure of the sex of either one of them, but they both looked like girls to me... but we'll see as they get older. When they are that young it is hard for me to tell the difference!!

#7 ·
UPDATE!

The kittens are doing well. They could stand to gain a little bit more weight, but are doing very well. The mother they are nursing from I found out is also nursing 8 other kittens, poor old girl must be so tired. So they are all also getting some mushy foods too help the 'mom' relax a bit!

#10 ·
No, I have had ZERO luck getting him to agree to keep them, not even one. We already have the 4, and he cant stand the litter boxes, which I hate them too, I really want the cat genie. And he wants to get another Italian Greyhound. I guess we'll see how things turn out. Plus I already told the rescue lady I would take them back, so we are going to have them for a little bit anyways! At least till they get to the age to be spayed. Maybe He'll fall in love! My sister realized if we keep the gray/blk tabby, we would have 2 gray/blk tabby, 2 torti, and my 1 orange boy!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.