Bye-bye baby, it's been a sweet love - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Bye-bye baby, it's been a sweet love

My precious Miss Stink,

Words cannot describe how much you meant to me. You were my best friend, my baby, my soul mate. We were made for each other and you can never be replaced. From the car ride home when you snuck your way out of the box and climbed up onto my shoulder, you owned my heart.

You had such a big personality and your mood was so clear just by the look on your face. Do you remember the first time you met your daddy? You were so jealous that you slapped him in his face! But, of course, you didn’t use your claws because you were so very sweet and gentle. I will never forget how, when I’d stand up, you’d immediately hop up onto the arm of the couch, your eyes perfectly round, so I could pick you up for a ride on my shoulder. Or how, when I was asleep, you’d reach out ever so slowly and pat my face to wake me up when you needed cuddles. I can’t believe that I’ll never again get to kiss your sweet little nose or bury my face in your soft fur. I still expect to see your precious little hands poke under the bathroom door when I go to fix my hair or hear your tiny meow greet me when I come home from work.

Just going out of town and leaving you at home made me sad. Losing you, knowing that you’re no longer here, is killing me. I always dreaded the day that you’d go to Heaven and leave me here, but I didn’t think it would come so soon. You were only 8 years old, you shouldn’t have been so sick. Please know that I did everything medically possible to try to make you better. Your little lungs just kept filling with fluid. If I could give you my healthy lungs in exchange for your sick ones, I’d do it. I’d give my life for yours. Holding you in my arms while the doctor put you to sleep was the hardest, worst thing I’ve ever had to do, but I couldn’t let you suffer and I couldn’t make you go through that alone. I couldn’t justify prolonging your suffering to postpone mine.

I thought you were getting better. Monday was almost like you were back to normal. But I know now that Monday was just God letting me spend one more perfect, snuggly day with you. I will always be grateful for that gift. So, now, I have to say goodbye, baby girl. I know you’re with Jesus now and that you’ll be waiting for me to get to Heaven so I can hold you in my arms once more. You’re my beautiful big-eyed bell flower, and Daddy and I love you so very, very much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Cat Addict

(((hugs))) So sorry for your loss.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Jr. Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss. (hugs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Cat

Beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. Hugs to you.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Cat Addict

I saw your other thread, you certainly did everything you could. I'm so sorry, she was a beautiful girl and had a great life with you. We could never have enough time with them... *hugs*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry about Miss Stink. What a beautiful cat, and what a beautiful tribute to her.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Cat

It's so hard to lose them. I am glad you had such a wonderful time together.

I wish you gentle healing.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Senior Cat

So sorry! She's waiting for you now at the rainbow bridge, good as new. May precious memories bring you comfort in your grief.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Nan
Cool Cat

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty!

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you all so much. She'll always be in my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page